New Skimmer for DaCube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Todd...If it works as good as it is looking, you should have nothing to worry about. Looks great so far!

It is getting there. Todd is very descriptive isn't he. We had to make a custom manifold from pvc. We shortened up some of the fittings and have what you see in pic 1, then drilled a hole in the middle and used weldon-40 to glue 1/2" pipe into it. Todd spent hours making his super cool bracket to hold the stones onto the door, that came out real nice and I am suprised he didn't post that. Anyway it should be ready to run here early next week.

big t said:
It is getting there. Todd is very descriptive isn't he.
I'm a man of few words :lol:
big t said:
Todd spent hours making his super cool bracket to hold the stones onto the door, that came out real nice and I am suprised he didn't post that.
I didn't want to give away our secrets :p It only took that long b/c it was after 1am and we didn't want to use the router :D Here is a shot of the bracket in question...

Very good guys! Todd I think that is going to be one hell of a skimmer. If not, atleast it looks cool and you can probably get it sold to cover the cost of building it as well as some profit!(LOL) I have faith in you guys because you really seem to know your stuff...So I won't put mouth on you. Good luck on the completion of it and I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing again.

Well after another late night, and a lot more complaining from both our other halves... The turbo skim1000 is complete! Pics to follow soon.

Well here are the pix, we just got finished getting it running. Todd is currently borrowing a air pump to see what is best, this one is not big enough for the skimmer, as it is only putting out about 3% air volume and we need 13% Well I am too tired to say much so here are the pix

skim_1000_0.JPG

todd_0.JPG

skim_1000_1_0.JPG

skim_1000_2_0.JPG

bubbles_0.JPG

Just fed the lionfish and the skimmer went crazy, went from just barely having any bubbles in the riser tube to 3/4 up and starting to skim :D

Now that is impressive for a skimmer that has been running for 21 hours.

That's un-real! Very nice! Thanks for posting update pictures of it. I really do like it and I think that is the first rectangular skimmer I've ever seen. I thought that they all had to be designed using a cylinder, but I guess not. Is is because it is air-driven you'll decided to built it that way? Thanks again for posting and congrats Todd!

Well Krish have you never seen a Remora or CPR? We built it square for cost, the 12" tube is 130 bux a foot, and it cost about 90 bux to make the 4' box on this.

Back