new tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It is true LOL

I had to create a space for the tank because it is so big and too big fro the upstairs. I am looking forward though to getting into the plumbing and things like that that are more related to getting going. But I also need to have thisn look just like I want it too LOL

update. The drywall is pretty much done . Next weekend we will build the door way into the service room and the soffit around the tank. The drywall it and be done with that part!! if I never see anoter piece of drywall in my life I wont miss it :D

Future door will be in this area

Maderiabeach2005154.jpg

Service room with the sump on the floor right now.

Maderiabeach2005155.jpg

Way to go Mike! I though your show, "Extreme Makeover Tank Edition" would never come back on air from commercials(LOL) Looking good! BTW, you better not be pumping us up with all of this rennovation to put a 6 gal nano cube in there (LOL) Just kidding...

Thanks,

I need my Father in laws guidance on this last part so I am waiting on him right now. He is finishing his basement along side of mine so to speak so he has his hands full.

The hope is to take next weekend and knock out the rest of the finishing drywall, hang the doors, and rock on to taping this area up.

The fan was interesting because the outlet required a 6" hole which meant I had to get a bigger hole saw. Home Depot only had a 6" so we drilled through the house then had to widen the hole a bit to accomodate the 6" vent out. but it is functional and very strong. No drywall dust lingering now after cuts with the rotozip.

I also like the recessed lights in the utility room. They will give off a good amount of light and will be covered with bathroom baffles (moisture proof). All in all I am pleased wiht the design and the care we have taken in material selection and taking into account the final appearance for both form and function:D

So next weeks show should conclude with a wrap up of teh rough construction phase and move into finishing up........ now a word from our sponsors

"At the Home Depot....You can do it!! We can Help " LOL

WE are covering it tommorow with the green board and I will look much better. I ahve to get the custom shuter company out after the Thankgiving to measure and get those ordered.

It is taking some time but I like the results

getting ready to go down and do the NASTY (post 62) after I finish I will post the last set of pics until its painted LOL.... should be done painting in a few weeks. Things slow up at teh holiday :) I am a Dad and Husband also LOL:cool:

well the hanging and framing is done and the tank has the plastic off for the first time! I do have to get some novus because I have a few little scratches to deal with but that stuff works like a charm.... It is from the plastic and the fine dust that has been in the air. I am recovering of course with 6 mil plastic fr painting ect.......

Maderiabeach2005162.jpg

Maderiabeach2005160.jpg

Maderiabeach2005161.jpg

Way to go Mike!!!! Finally...I see a tank!(LOL) It's really all coming together now. I think it's going to be a great setup if you ask me. Good luck and congrates on your progress so far...

some of my reef ceramics arrived and we have partial power now and will be all wired ommorow!!

two of my pillar islands
Maderiabeach2005169.jpg

Maderiabeach2005171.jpg

basement can working !!!

Maderiabeach2005174.jpg

Mike when was the tank warming party again.... I need to clear my calender for that day...

I am thinking in February or there abouts. The mudding and sanding may be done before Christmas and if so painting will not take more than a week or two :)

after that the floors will be installed and the finishing things like trim can be put in :)

I will be plumbing though as soon as I can :D

Back