New to here... saying HI

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Khaos,

Its great to have you join us here at Reef Frontiers. Welcome to our Pacific Northwest based board. We all get along pretty well here - kinda like a big extended family.

Gary

yep....
UBER welcome 2 U!!!! love your RC thread!!
if more reefers just had your chutzpah.

LMK if you have any issues with that skimmer... :)

dont miss the psas frag swap in sept if you can make it down...and bring your mermaid/GF.

Last edited:
Welcome!
I thought I'd read on your build thread where you used the expanding foam in your rock work. I might have read wrong.
but if so, did you cure it special? It sounded interesting.

I used the foam on both this tank and the one before it. I did nothing but let it dry for a few days. I did the same thing on my previous tank, and when I had to tear it down to to the tank failing, I found that not only was it still quite strong, but all sorts of little critters had made the little air bubble holes home.

I theroize but have nothing to back it up, that in time it will eventually funtion much like live rock as its quite pourus and I assume things get in there eventually as time goes by.

I used the foam on both this tank and the one before it. I did nothing but let it dry for a few days. I did the same thing on my previous tank, and when I had to tear it down to to the tank failing, I found that not only was it still quite strong, but all sorts of little critters had made the little air bubble holes home.

I theroize but have nothing to back it up, that in time it will eventually funtion much like live rock as its quite pourus and I assume things get in there eventually as time goes by.

Sounds good to me! I have used it for years in my outdoor pond, in the waterfall and stream. It has help up well and algae has grown on it so you don't see it.
Sounds like the salt isn't effecting it. :)

Back