O.K Let see some coral shots.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here a few more .I think the photo's are looking better .Same camera i think im just becoming a better macro picture taker..:lol:...:)

Did somebody say LPS? I'm a euphyllia fan. I have a:

Torch (baby)
babytorch.jpg

Frogspawn
frogspawnmacro_001.jpg

Hammer
hammer_macro.jpg

I shared all these shots over in my thread in the Photography forum, including this newest one when I target fed my candy coral at night. Notice, these are the same three candy heads from the first photo (torch). They're looking MUCH better now.
candy_feeding.jpg

Some updated pictures of 2 acros. I wood like to see do good in my tank..
Does any 1 have any pointers on how I can boost there growth? I have had them for a little while and have not seen any growth. the yellow 1 has a little receding patch on it and I don't want it to get any worse.Can any 1 help me?? :cry: :( :(

The browner/purple one is an Acropora Gemmifera. A really cool coral, but an extremely slow grower. Nothing to do but WAIT. :) And it's wild-cultured (how's that for a marketing term?), and I've had poor luck getting those to color up, personally. Again, give it time.

However, the same principles apply to both of these corals, as far as growth. LOTS of light, lots of calcium (always maintain over 400ppm), alkalinity (9-11 dKH), and magnesium (1350ppm). Clean water, stabile conditions, (temp, pH, chemical levels) no phosphates, yadda yadda.

Nice acros coral bandit.I was talking to the LFS guy and he said that feeding,stable water and lots of light and time.....My green milli also has one stalk that has turned white...?....Don't know why:(..Don't know what mine are either but there millipora's

Last edited:
Sherman said:
The browner/purple one is an Acropora Gemmifera. A really cool coral, but an extremely slow grower. Nothing to do but WAIT. :) And it's wild-cultured (how's that for a marketing term?), and I've had poor luck getting those to color up, personally. Again, give it time.

However, the same principles apply to both of these corals, as far as growth. LOTS of light, lots of calcium (always maintain over 400ppm), alkalinity (9-11 dKH), and magnesium (1350ppm). Clean water, stabile conditions, (temp, pH, chemical levels) no phosphates, yadda yadda.
Thank you sherman i will post pictures in the future so you can see the progress..:D

Cool. And as a side note, don't bother trying to feed SPS. They're primarily photosynthetically fed, and will color up best the cleaner the water is.

Sherman said:
Cool. And as a side note, don't bother trying to feed SPS. They're primarily photosynthetically fed, and will color up best the cleaner the water is.
Thanks Sherman and i was just stewing up some what i call coral food and you shot me down......:)

Back