O.K Let see some coral shots.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zhenya,Beautiful pics.Im trying monti now.what have you used for lighting for max growth.And what time frame.

dabears26 said:
Zhenya,Beautiful pics.Im trying monti now.what have you used for lighting for max growth.And what time frame.

dabears,

I have two 250w MH and two 110w VHO actinics over my 75g tank for the lighting. IIRC, the corals grew to what you see in those pictures in about a year. I loved those corals but they should be allowed some space for growth to truly appreciate them and I didn't have enough space to keep them anymore, so I gave them away. ;)
Good luck with yours! :)

100_1188.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1209.jpg

100_1064.jpg

zhenya said:
dabears,

Good luck with yours! :)
Thanks for the info.Zhenya That is amazing they gew that fast.what ever you were doing you were doing it rite,Beautiful monti's if you have other coral pics it would be great to see them:).Well here is my monti......LOL....

Yeah spongebob your rite about charlies torch its a beauty...But i know there is more out there...Coral Bandit has a beauty as well...:)

Yeah spongebob your rite about charlies torch its a beauty...But i know there is more out there...Coral Bandit has a beauty as well...

really ? hmm coral bandit do we have to beg you for a picture :D?

YEAH BANDIT .......Dont make us ask for that funky frog......I know you gotit...Where is the frog mister bandit,,,We need to see the frog Mister Bandit....Where are you hiding the frog Mister Bandit......

dabears26 said:
Thanks for the info.Zhenya That is amazing they gew that fast.what ever you were doing you were doing it rite,Beautiful monti's if you have other coral pics it would be great to see them:).Well here is my monti......LOL....

Don't laugh, it won't be small for long if conditions are right. Mine started with even smaller pieces. :D

This was the beginning
dscn0586-med.jpg

and before I knew it it turned to this

crw_1439-med.jpg

:D

Thanks, dabears! :)

spongebob lover said:
ohh woou now that's a monster monti :D .
please tell us the secret... ppplease

Well, no secret, really. As soon as I added calcium reactor the things just started to take off. It had some decent flow from a powerhead that was nearby and that was it. Things just grow in this tank for some reason. :D

I never kept Torches for very long so I can't post any pictures of it but I did have a nice hummer coral a while back. However, my anemones started to advance in it's territory and I had to return it. :rolleyes:
Here's a picture of it, not as pretty as Charlie's but it had some potential.
dscn4405-med.jpg

Nice hummer.....I mean hammer....Once again Gene kudo's to u.Any other favorites of yours.That you haven't posted .I would love to see:lol:

Last edited:
Back