• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OBD Signature Protein Skimmer Owners Forum

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Matt is correct. The external water depth does not matter as long as it doesn't exceed the vertical sides of the skimmer body. If it does the the back pressure from the outlet being completely submerged would effect its operation. The internal water level seems to work best if it is at or slightly above the transition from the skimmer body to the cone. There is a small black acrylic ring at this transition for a reference point.

Eric
Oceans by Design
1055 Andover Park E
Tukwila, WA 98188
206-575-5006

Yep have reactor too, will be possible to post some pics of your skimmer. In sump to give me a general idea on what and how to set up, I know I'm asking a bit much, let s out it this way, I have no shame in asking for help
Thanks

Can I run Skimmer without reactor ?, if so how can I ?, do I feed water directly from reactor pump ?

I would think so, but it works pretty good with the reactor, I think they go really well together.

Here are the pics:

tkhh.jpg

7t2w.jpg

cc5j.jpg

wfoy.jpg

q0s4.jpg

Thank's for the pic's, I will set up with reactor , how big is your skimmer area, refugium and return.
My sump is going to be 18 wide by 15 deep for skimmer reactor and 24 wide by 15 for fuge and 5 or so inches for sponges and what not before it goes to external return pump, Matt thank you for taking the time and posting pic's, greatly apreciated

My sump is 16 inches deep. Skimmer area is 12 wide (just barely wide enough to hold the skimmer), refugium area is 24 wide, then come baffles and return is 6" wide. There is a reactor chamber behind refugium that's about 4" deep. You can get a good look at my sump on my build thread, link below.

Hey dude I think I should, but for now I'm super excited my 180 is finally running and I will be transfering 75 to 180 in the following 2 weeks or so, pending on readings,,

Back