• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rafal...I am running external. its made by Targus.....I am using my desktop for my for my lighting controll..Laptop gets beat up pretty bad and if i lose it,I am in big trouble...so best if its on the desktop!!:D

if you want to give it a ride - instal bluetooth, teamviewer and I would like to see it. I know you want desktop - I want to make sure we got the lights set.

Rafal..I am actually going to dinner with Jen in a few..I will text ya when i get up tomorrow...But your right....we could try on the laptop with xp..maybe it would help to try to fix compatibility for future buyers!!!

if you want to give it a ride - instal bluetooth, teamviewer and I would like to see it. I know you want desktop - I want to make sure we got the lights set.

Teamviewer?

I unfortunately have to work this weekend and won't be able to set the lights up until Monday night. I did get one plugged in and connected and played with it quite a bit. Now I'm driving and I swear I still have spots in my eyes from how bright just the 75w unit is haha. I am still confused on getting the two io's connected and operating with only one interface but I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out.

They sure do. Do I have to manually override one in order to program the other?

Actually...thinking through the steps again I believe I figured it out. I think when I have both lights plugged in then I have to just select the light I want to program in my Bluetooth connections then select com port to program light.

my steps based on XP:

a) install external bluetooth
b) find PacSun lamps on bluetooth and pair them with bluetooth
c) install software
d) connect lamp you want to control on bluetooth
e) open software

swith:

f) exist software
g) connect another lamp that is already on bluetooth
h) open software and connect

my steps based on XP:

a) install external bluetooth
b) find PacSun lamps on bluetooth and pair them with bluetooth
c) install software
d) connect lamp you want to control on bluetooth
e) open software

swith:

f) exist software
g) connect another lamp that is already on bluetooth
h) open software and connect

Simple...:)

Some shots of a Master and Slave BP 160W's over my dry 180:

2ce2naf.jpg

x2nof9.jpg

52iexu.jpg

2jcalwz.jpg

Looking good!

I'll try to post some pics of my own comparing 300 watts of MH lighting in comparison to 320 watts of LED.

On a side note, has anyone figured out how the hanging kit that comes with these lights work? Each light came with four cables and four of the cable clamp things that adjust the height but I haven't been able to figure out how this is supposed to attach to the fixtures themselves. I feel like I am missing parts. If anyone has figured it out let me know otherwise I will try to give Rafal a call this weekend.

Last edited:
Not missing anything :) that is the standard hanging kit. I have not seen anyone using it the way it is design since it it not practical. I am working this weekend on my own light rack.

I feel like I am missing parts. If anyone has figured it out let me know otherwise I will try to give Rafal a call this weekend.

Can anyone post close up photos of how the mounting/hanging kit is supposed to work?

trust me - you will not hang your fixture :) I know how much 48" weights and there is no way to do it. a trip to HD today or Lowes.

BP and IOs - different story - issue is that the regulator of the height is where you put the thing into you ceiling. so how do you adjust without the ladder? not practical.

Can anyone post close up photos of how the mounting/hanging kit is supposed to work?

Back