• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I didn't order the 48". It's the 60" 3x 160.

since I know the weight of 48" - I can tell you 60" - no way you will able to hang. legs - great idea just needs some tweaking to make it work the right way. I will be working on some construction to make it work the right way and I will post pics tonight.

legs by itself will not do the job I want them to do. b/c the light will sit 2-3" from the top of the water level and I want it to be 6-7". also, my tank is 36" and I believe standard legs fit 24" tank only. so there is more tweaking needed.

Got ya. So the leg system grabs the front and rear of tank rather than clasping to the ends of the tank. Is that correct?

see the IO unit with legs. legs will sitt on the glass.

47086933c29d752f22f1e4182ad67a4b.image.150x86.jpg

As in glass edges of tank, or as in there needs to be a sheet of glass Across the top of the tank for the legs to sit on?

i think it will work both ways. I dont have experience with legs so difficult for me to say.

As in glass edges of tank, or as in there needs to be a sheet of glass Across the top of the tank for the legs to sit on?

Ok 2 more questions.

Have you heard anything more on iPhone and also Apple computer software being developed for these guys yet?

Is there anything that the new external seperate LCD screen controller does that the touch screen is not capable of on light I ordered?

Oops a third question. I've haven't until recently seen you mention wifi. Is wifi an option if you'd prefer not to use blue tooth? Or is it controlled by Bluetooth and software updated via wifi?

Sorry for so many q's

anwers in blue:

Ok 2 more questions.

Have you heard anything more on iPhone and also Apple computer software being developed for these guys yet? work in progress

Is there anything that the new external seperate LCD screen controller do anything that the touch screen is not capable on light I ordered?no. both are the same. just you have in your lamp. as new applications will be developed your controller will be more and more powerfull. updates are being released every 2-3 days

Oops a third question. I've haven't until recently seen you mention wifi. Is wifi an option if you'd prefer not to use blue tooth? Or is it controlled by Bluetooth and software updated via wifi? for phobos/deimos - wifi is the prefer way but you can also control your light via bluetooth

Sorry for so many q's

Brett...the Legs are actually pretty cool..They mount on top of the tank...from front to back....there are adjustable pins that screw in to the top of the legs...The lamps then sit on the pins making them stable....I was very impressed with how simple the design is for full functionality...

Yeah I'm trying to see what if it's too late to get some. I shoulda done it in the first place. I'm trying to work something out with Rafal. We shall see. Otherwise I will have to get pretty creative.

Hopefully he can hook you up...I saw the mounting cables and thought they looked useless..I am definatly glad i went with the legs...

Brett...I guarantee you your happiness once you get your fixture...I still dont have the program set up yet for controll,But even just plugging them in and running a single setting they are amazing....I see colors I thought didnt exist

Tor, I thin you need to bring those lights over here so we can see the difference with them on my tank..........LOL

I think he should bring them by my house since I'm closer hahhahaha.

For as long as it's taking me to set up this tank, I might as well let you use them...but then, I don't want to cut into my 10,000 hours of life! :D

Hopefully he can hook you up...I saw the mounting cables and thought they looked useless..I am definatly glad i went with the legs...

Brett...I guarantee you your happiness once you get your fixture...I still dont have the program set up yet for controll,But even just plugging them in and running a single setting they are amazing....I see colors I thought didnt exist

So what's the issue with the program set up?

Not missing anything :) that is the standard hanging kit. I have not seen anyone using it the way it is design since it it not practical. I am working this weekend on my own light rack.

uhh, ok, can you tell me how the cables are suposed to attach to the fixtures?

I see 4 holes in the top corners of the fixture but they arent threaded.

Back