• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

uhh, ok, can you tell me how the cables are suposed to attach to the fixtures?

I see 4 holes in the top corners of the fixture but they arent threaded.

After you call him can you post it here in the thread for everyone else?

I don't know what I am going to do. I've now been told that the hanging kit included won't even work for my lighting. Anyone who figures out a way to mount the lights please post some pics.

I'm headed to Home Depot now to pick up some mounting hardware. I will post pics as soon as soon as I get the lights hung.

Soo...Its alll good...Rafal..You are the MAN...I now have full controll over both units....I promised some pics...I spent some time trying to take some...My camera is a piece..I will not post crappy pics of these units..they deserve to be represented well...So now its time to convince momma we need a new camera:D:D

got mine up and running. i like how i can change 10k in the middle of the day to 20k at night. wheres the programming for cloud covering and such?

Got our lights hung as well. I am not a big fan of the current setup. I'll have to think a bit more about how I want to hang these. I cant hang them directly from the ceiling because the ceiling is covered with built in radiant heat panels.

DSC_0105.jpg

Last edited:
got mine up and running. i like how i can change 10k in the middle of the day to 20k at night. wheres the programming for cloud covering and such?

Apollo,

Which version of the controller software are you using?

If you are using 5.2 you can select the PAR Table tab to create a varied light schedule throughout the day. However, using the PAR table you will still have the same light settings every day. I haven't found a way to set a random light pattern in the newest software.

hey Braddo, yeah that's the version I'm useing, I thought I read somewhere you can do cloud simulations, that's one of the reasons I went with this brand. I noticed some of my SPs not digging the lights even at half power

hey Braddo, yeah that's the version I'm useing, I thought I read somewhere you can do cloud simulations, that's one of the reasons I went with this brand. I noticed some of my SPs not digging the lights even at half power

with the brackets im so close to the water i think im over lighting them. all the other sps are looking great and noticing colors on them i never seen before.

Cy - based on my experience I have seen people relaying more on their own hanging systems. Each tank is different (canopy, no canopy, location, basement, bedroom) that there is not clean cut solution as to how a person can install lighting.

Rafal,

Can you or Prezmek please explain this more clearly. I assume you are trying to say that the 60" unit is so heavy that it will be difficult for someone to manuever into a hanging position? If you are saying that the hanging kit won't support the weight than that is a different story. If the hanging kit will not support the weight than Pacific Sun should supply one that will. We haven't even had time to open our unit so I am in the dark. Can you please clarify what the issue with the hanging kits is?

Thanks,
Cy

You aren't the only one Brett, I just about lost it yesterday when I talked to Rafal. He told me the hanging kit that comes with the lights is a piece of junk and that I shouldnt use it, at least the way it was designed to be.

This is information that would have been good to know BEFORE buying the lights. There was never one hint until now hanging kits wouldnt work. The message was all lights come with hanging kits or for an additional charge you can buy legs.

I installed the older 3.22 software from AquariumLED.EU and it did have a weather simulation option. However that version of the software doesnt seem to commincate with my lights properly.

If anyone comes up with a good way to mount the lights above a glass tank inside a wooden hood please send me a PM. My lights should be here by next weekend.

Thanks to Cy and Barrier Reef for giving us the opportunity to get into some LED lighting at very reasonable prices.

P.S. Barrier reef has been nothing but excellent throughout this group buy. If this situation reflects poorly on anyone, it's not Barrier Reef. I am very pleased with their service!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back