• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My new best friend - yes, you are correct. I will be in touch via email with details about wifi steps in next few days.

I've got wifi and I bought the one that you had recommended. Is it looking like the lights firmware may need to be updated?

Ok, sounds good. You mentioned another guy ordered the same unit. Is he here on RF? If so maybe we can touch base when we update the software.

I dont think Bill is on RF but I could be wrong. He is a servicing client of ours. Rafal, could you communicate these questions through email to him? Or do you want me to?

Thanks,
Cy

take a look at the dates of the first post over 6 months on Przemek's second generation 120W leds and than last update after 9 months.

http://www.nano-reef.pl/forums.php?m=posts&q=26654&n=last#bottom

it kind of defeats the "myth" of SPS not growing under 1W as well as SPS not growing under LEDs.

but it brings the point that 40 degree focal lenses and overpowering PAR is not always the best way to do. although nobody wants to believe.

really all this for results like this

"""just a side note from my personal experience though in regards to LEDs...tread lightly (no pun intended). I've been running aquaillumination units over 12 different reef systems for the last year for work. Reefs vary from softy only to full blown sps (100-900 gallon systems)...i've found that in the long term coral health declines after about 6 months under this type of lighting. Some LPS you see the negative effects within a couple of days or a week. I know it's a nice reduction in lighting costs and chillers etc but i've been pulling units off of tanks and replacing with T5s to combat the growth and health issues associated with LEDs after about a year of use. """"

I just gotta say that Barrier and Pacific Sun are giving you guys some excellent customer service here...
you have no idea from a retailer's end what a nightmare international shipping, and customs can potentially be...trust me!!!

kudos to you guys!!! just great!

I will have the unit pic tomorrow. X-Screen controller few pics:

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

Everything depends on when customs releases them and when Alaska Airlines has room in general cargo. Once they are on a flight I will get an airway bill number and be able to track it. Until they get on a flight, and past their last possible transfer or stopover point, I'm in the dark about an exact time. What I can say is after they land in Seattle, Alaska usually takes 2 hours before I can pick them up. Once we know that landing time I can post a time:)

Looks like the lights arrived in NJ at sometime around midnight last night according to the air bill. It does not however say the status of the bulbs once they arrived. I'm thinking maybe that they still need to go through customs. At least they are now inside the US so we are definantly on the way.

Good to hear.....Thanks for the update Brett:D...Man..i cant wait!!

Me neither bro, let me know how you like em when you get them. Post some pics too.

The pallet was stacked too tall to be shipped so they pulled a couple lights off the top of the pallet.

Mine and another one just like it were at the top of the stack so they were held back in Poland. What luck huh?

When I spoke with Cy he hadn't recieved an air bill number yet for your lights, but everything sounded good. I can't speak for Cy but it sounds like then rest of the lights were right on schedule.

Me neither bro, let me know how you like em when you get them. Post some pics too.

The pallet was stacked too tall to be shipped so they pulled a couple lights off the top of the pallet.

Mine and another one just like it were at the top of the stack so they were held back in Poland. What luck huh?

When I spoke with Cy he hadn't recieved an air bill number yet for your lights, but everything sounded good. I can't speak for Cy but it sounds like then rest of the lights were right on schedule.

So wait...your light is still in Poland Brett?

Back