people with out chillers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sivart33

watch the heat thies days, going to gt hot outside/inside with out ac.

-turn off lights
- get a bottle of water in the freezer if needed.
-get ready for the heat

not worth loosing the tank due to heat it is here for the summer.

Nice to see this posted I already got a few bottles in the freezer ready for today, but was wondering if there was any new ideas; that's gotta be a winner, last year way new to this hobby I put just Ice in the tank rookie move

Thank you, Sivart33. I'm new to this too and seem to tag along with "Xtremedave67" everywhere I go, best of luck to the both of us Dave!

if you want to make ice from RO, this is a great idea, but might be an extra step for some.

yeah I doubt Ill do that, more just me being goofy LOL but ziplocks is an easy way and definately fits in space confined freezers over multiple 2L bottles good thought :)

I'm using the rookie idea (ice in tank and not r/o) never thought of using a bottle or zip bags, thanks for the idea. I was going to ask how to cool the tank off if you don't have a chiller so I'm gald this post came up.
Thanks

you all so funny lol I have my tank in the garage no ice no chiller I have a 10.00 fan from walmart keeps my temps stable lol it is better then a chiller IMO less cost to run thats for sure.

it gets no where close to hot here as las vegas and so many people with chillers here. it is all about the cheap fans blowing across the surface of the water to just break the top or in a sump to break the water up. and adding gas exchange to the mix also.

I just make sure my power head it pushing the surface water really good and use a cheap fan on the top of my tank and one clip on desk fan on the sump. I keep everything within 1 degree year around

FANS!!! and frozen bottles of water will do it for the few days here..
I'm quickly learning I really don't need a chiller anymore
yesterday my temp only hit 80.5 with all the fans running and one little window AC unit by the tank

Back