Peppie's 180 Reef-Room

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

O come on when i was his age................well i don't remember......what were we talking about:faint2:

Wish i had a reef bud makes things fun when 2 minds are working together:) Well in your case 1 1/2 minds...........

Spinner, you need to get out of Cali and move to the Pac NW. Barrier Reef and OBD beat the socks of any LFS anywhere... (no disrespect to RedC.. I just never got that far north...

you have more than one close by reefer friend, but assuming you speak of me....man you are the one that has me re-think everything( for the better of course) sometime I don't want to make a single move without consulting with you first no matter how simple the task!

I have been finishing plumbing and finally added rock to my 150 this weekend. Every time I have a choice to make and ask my wife for input the first words out of her mouth are... why dont you ask Peppie... lol.... If I "asked Peppie" everytime she suggested it he would move, change his number, and leave no forwarding address, lol.
Ichthys

Yes could i have two blondes and a bucket of chicken please.......WHAT oh i am sorry i thought this was a drive up window:)
Looks great and gonna be nice!

I am so sorry, We are all out of blondes, I can offer you 2 redheads, and 1 lightstrawberry blond, for the same price. Will that be a bucket full of breasts, or thighs?

Looking good! Are you building an access door on the living room side of the tank?

Also, regarding your over thinking comment. IMO with a built in like this, a lot of planning is a good thing. Outlets, and access doors are pretty permanent. With a small set up I tend to just whip them out now days. I just plumbed in a 180 and set up the lights in four hours yesterday. Another hour and a half this morning and it will be done. A tank can be simple or very complicated and still work. One thing to keep in mind with a large set up though, if its too complicated even your reefing friends will be overwhelmed if you ask them to watch the tank when you go on vacation.

There is already a door that goes into the garage from the living room. I will place the door to the fishroom right outside of this door directly to the right.

I have a lot of time to plan out this room, so far so good.
My system will be very simple for a local reefer to maintain if I ever get to go on an extended vacation. Kevin is close by and will have first hand knowledge of how all is to work.

I have been finishing plumbing and finally added rock to my 150 this weekend. Every time I have a choice to make and ask my wife for input the first words out of her mouth are... why dont you ask Peppie... lol.... If I "asked Peppie" everytime she suggested it he would move, change his number, and leave no forwarding address, lol.
Ichthys

LOL
I dont mind. I am not sure that I will always have the correct answer, but I can argue both sides and leave you wondering "what if?"........

My old lady wouldnt approve of any construction when it came to the tanks :(
Looks good so far. Transfering and adding peppie? R u done yet? Huh huh?
-d

My old lady wouldnt approve of any construction when it came to the tanks :(
Looks good so far. Transfering and adding peppie? R u done yet? Huh huh?
-d

Got a long way to yet. 9 pages into this build and I havent even touched any thing that resembles a fish tank. LOL

As for the construction part. You may have better luck convincing your wife it is the best thing to do if you didnt refer to her as "Your Oldlady" LOL

There is already a door that goes into the garage from the living room. I will place the door to the fishroom right outside of this door directly to the right.

Im asking if you will have an access door above the tank so you can aquascape and feed the fish from in the living room.

LOL, my wife gets upset if I refer to her as "The Wife".

Im asking if you will have an access door above the tank so you can aquascape and feed the fish from in the living room.

LOL, my wife gets upset if I refer to her as "The Wife".

Oh, now I get it. No there will not be access to the tank from the living room. I am a smoker, I am not permitted to smoke inside of the house. So it will be no big deal to spend time feeding or what ever out in the fishroom while I get my fix.

The Wife is much better ( IMO ) than My Oldlady

Lol sry pep no means to hijack.
She calls me old man! Lately ive been using prego and preggers. Giver of life is a good one...
D

Lol sry pep no means to hijack.
She calls me old man! Lately ive been using prego and preggers. Giver of life is a good one...
D

I dont mind when my thread goes in a different direction. It helps all of us get to know one another better.

I wast being rude with my original post about your Oldlady I was poking you with a stick.
Kinda surprised the thread took off the way it did. Would have been a great thread for the water fountain. LOL

1guy,

Being a father of 3, i would suggest you read up on postpartum depression..so when you call her old lady and she rips you a new one, you will know why.

:)

Back