PEPPIE's New 120 Acrylic Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pepcrylic

Some here have followed a few of my past builds. This will be different, but the same.
Detailed,Pic heavy, fun,and most likely lengthy.

This build will have the same footprint of my current 90 AIO, but will have an additional 30-40 gal of water in the display, along with a 40+ gal sump.
In the 4-5 years I have been reefing I have never ran a sump, they have all been All In One's (except for the short lived frag tank)

TANK
40'' X 30'' X 24'' tall 3/4'' acrylic walls, 1/2'' acrylic bottom and top euro

PUMPS
Return- Ehiem 1262
Closed Loop Sequence 4200 3600gph @ 4' head

Wavemaker
Oceans Motions 4way

LIGHTS
2 165watt Led CTLites

SKIMMER
9012 Tunze

SUMP

36'' X 20'' X 16'' tall custom 1/2'' acrylic

WATER MIXING
55 gal. freshwater, 35gal saltwater mix.

ROCK
90 lbs Marco (flat one side, or flat both sides) mounted on 2 walls
70 lbs Tonga branch.

DOSEING
3 X's Alk, Calk, Mag

REACTORS
undecided ?????????????

HEATER
2 X's 500 watts

CONTROLER
Me

This is what I have to work with. Plexi-GP
There are 2 sheets of 3/8'', they are for a separate project for Mike @ OBD.
1 Sheet 4 X 8 X 1/2'' Bottom and top euro
1 Sheet of 4 X 8 X 3/4'' side walls.
I also have another 4 X 8 X 1/2'' sheet for the sump

I will use the pin method to weld the acrylic seams.
I have made about 75 of these. The gauge of the wire is 28. The little wood handle will allow me a better grip when it is time to pull the wire free from the seam.
More on that later

I will use the pin method to weld the acrylic seams.
I have made about 75 of these. The gauge of the wire is 28. The little wood handle will allow me a better grip when it is time to pull the wire free from the seam.
More on that later

Pep you always have the best build threads. I am in the seat behind Martin!

Thanks Tike, But Martin and I would feel better if your were setting beside him . LOL

Only because sometimes Martins hair can be hard to see around if he is having a bad hair day. Best not to sit behind him if ya want to see the show

Thanks Tike, But Martin and I would feel better if your were setting beside him . LOL

Only because sometimes Martins hair can be hard to see around if he is having a bad hair day. Best not to sit behind him if ya want to see the show

lol

if i just post 10 dots, would that still count as posting on Peppie's thread?

The tank is going to have 2 rock walls. I bought 90lbs of Marco at OBD. Some of it is flat on 2 sides, and some on 1 side. I threw in a few rocks that were whole just in case I needed to fill in some spots. Glad I did.
I needed to cut 5 of the whole rocks. I clamped them in the vise as well as I could. Mounted a masonry blade in the skill saw and cut as deep as I could all the way around. Once that was done I was left with a small to semi small nub in the middle of the rock. A chisel and hammer popped it apart. All that was left to do was flatten the nub on the beltsander with a 36grit belt.

Back