Poll: Green Polyped Sarcophyton frags from Denver, CO

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How are group Green Polyped Toadstools frags doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
Of the 15 or so Steve Tyree Green Polyped Sarc frags that we got on a group order September last year, how many still have them and how are they doing? Most were tiny, 1/2" or so. If yours came from another member here but with this same order, that toadstool counts too. Pictures are very welcome.

Last edited:
Hi Mike. Is it possible to maybe send PM's to those people who replied to the original thread with the Sarcophytons?

Lots of views so far, but maybe none from anyone who were part of the group buy. I hope yours is doing well :)

I was not part of this group buy. I'm interested to know as well.

Best,
Ilham

The one I got from the group order is little more than 1" today.

Yes slow but they started very tiny. Mine was about 3/8" when I got it. Named it Peanut. Later renamed it Hazel, and then Mac, finally Wally. Been babied and coddled and nurtured, and now has an enormous 2" cap!

These are rare and pricey for a reason
Pic from a couple months after I got it:

Last edited:
I acutally dont think i ever got one from THIS particular order, but my friend josh and i have one that grew from problably an inch to two inchs to probably closer to 10 inches now=). ITs a fast grower for sure.

Maybe those who were on the order needs to also post what type of 'lighting', and 'water flow', and or 'feeding'...information as well.

Best,
Ilham

Mine was around until about two months ago when it just disappeared. It either got knocked off the rock I had glued it to or it became a snack for one of the Buddies. :)

It had NOT grown at all! Maybe it will pop up sometime in the future as a HUGE toadstool! :doubt:

Vicki

Both of mine are doing great. They started out about 1/4" each and now they are between 1-2" each now. They get medium, indirect flow, are about half way down under my 250w DE Phoenix 14ks. No direct feeding, every so often I give cyclopeeze.

Mat

this what i got from tyree/portland trip in august
DSC_0306.jpg

so small yet in the retaurant 's tank

I got my the same time Mat got his. He was the one who receive them for the group. It was very small 1/4".

I got one from the guy in Colorado, though not in the group order. Mine too is a slow grower, although it did form a little bud that has now turned into a separate branch. Like it's having a baby. The parent colony is only about an inch and half diameter though. I'll post a pic tonight or this weekend.

Follow up....

Mine was around until about two months ago when it just disappeared. It either got knocked off the rock I had glued it to or it became a snack for one of the Buddies. :)

It had NOT grown at all! Maybe it will pop up sometime in the future as a HUGE toadstool! :doubt:

I had another avalanche in my tank last week. When I was 'fishing' out little rocks which would clog up the vacuum hose, I FOUND THE LITTLE GUY! I can't believe I found him! What were the odds?

I'd guess he's half the size he was when I got him and really looks petrified, but maybe now that he's re-attached to his rock he'll come out of it and start growing. I'd guess he's about 1/4 inch in size! :badgrin: (Paul should have fragged him when he had the chance!)

Vicki

Here are some pics of mine taken today.

DSC02463.jpg

In this second pic (taken at an angle through the glass) you can see the branch splitting off from the colony in back.
DSC02465.jpg

Back