Project Frag 20L

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jaysauce: Sent you a PM on your request. Very simple to make and was exacle what I wanted versus the crappy CPR boxes.

LVsuckerfish: Thank you but I love to do the diy thing and this box rocks the socks off of the CPR boxes. I have a CPR box on one of my nano's and hate the thing when compared to mine. Cost wise mine was not any more than their version and was probably a bit less that their version. *lol*

And I just noticed that I have yet to get some photos of my frag/prop tank up here since I completed it. *lol* I'll get some photos in the next day or two.

Cheers,
Alex

How do you mount it up to your inlet piping?

Any pictures of you tank would be great. Never got to see the finished product yet =)

BTW sent you an email about your preskimmer box.

I mounted the skimmer box with the same type of black plastic thumb screw that the standard CPR boxes mount with. Can't remember where I came by it, probably Lowe's or hobby store or maybe just lying around the shop as things do.

Here is a FTS as of today. Sorry for the crappy quick shot. Still need to send the camera back to get it repaired properly. *lol*

A couple of things that I still have yet to do are hook up one of my new lighting systems over these tanks. I have a 175w MH that I may put over the 20L or a 4 bulb T5HO set up. Kind of liked the MH better but still playing with them some. And I am kind of toying with the idea of putting a 70W MH over the smaller tank as I have the light set up and wired just need to finish the housing.

IMG_0374.jpg

And here are some older photos before I re arranged everything to a better liking.

Leftside:

IMG_1005.jpg

Middle:

IMG_1004.jpg

And Rightside:

IMG_1003.jpg

And some of the corals that I currently have in the tanks, either in the upper or in the lower.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

Oh and let's not forget these little jelly type of creatures. Yes they do look like a glass anemone but these little guys swim and they are very colorful under the 50/50 lighting, almost like a rainbow of color.

IMG_1301.jpg

Sometimes I hate my little point and shoot camera, especially when the white balance is off. *lol8 The montipora is actually a really nice purple with lighter purple poylps. Way cool.

And the final uploads for today.

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Had to finish with the Sea of Rics... Love the rics. I don't even have all the colors yet.

Nice looking set-up. I've bookmarked the page as a reference for the stand I'm currently working on. The styling of your cabinet even got a thumbs up from my wife so I may get to put the tank in the living room instead of upstairs in the hallway.

Nice looking set-up. I've bookmarked the page as a reference for the stand I'm currently working on. The styling of your cabinet even got a thumbs up from my wife so I may get to put the tank in the living room instead of upstairs in the hallway.

*lol* I made this stand before I venture into building the stand for my 65H. My wife said that IF I could make a nice stand that looks like a nice piece of furniture and can blend in with all the other room decor, she would allow the tank to be in there.

Let's just say after building the stand for the 20L frag/prop tank I now have her blessings for any other tank stand I wish to build and she is asking me if I can build other things too.

Cheers,
Alex

*lol* I made this stand before I venture into building the stand for my 65H. My wife said that IF I could make a nice stand that looks like a nice piece of furniture and can blend in with all the other room decor, she would allow the tank to be in there.

Let's just say after building the stand for the 20L frag/prop tank I now have her blessings for any other tank stand I wish to build and she is asking me if I can build other things too.

Cheers,
Alex

My wife is the same way. She's been a little tentative as I've been gathering bits and pieces to start my 90 gallon tank. She says that she doesn't want anything that looks "trashy" in the new house. I agree with her completely. I've even been able to convince her to come along with me to BR a few times and she's picked out few fish and corals that she likes for future purchase. One of her favorite types of fish so far is an orange spotted sleeper goby. She affectionately refers to them as "sand poopers", descriptive of the sand sifting action they display. Anyway, kudos again on the nice looking tank.

Chris

Almost forgot my dendros and Aussie balanophyllia. I'll have to get a photo of my black sun coral as well as my normal ? standard looking sun corals once I get my camera back from repairs.

Dendros.jpg

AussieBalanophyllia.jpg

Back