PSAS event - Frag Swap - September 20th 2008

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pics. Thank you Vicki for running the camera.

First, three little bring along tanks with corals for sale and a couple of extras just in case. People also had alot of trades preplanned.
PSASmeeting004.jpg

PSASmeeting011.jpg

With some equipment for sale too.
PSASmeeting018.jpg

Alot of friendly faces
PSASmeeting034.jpg

PSASmeeting039.jpg

PSASmeeting028.jpg

PSASmeeting035.jpg

PSASmeeting044.jpg

PSASmeeting048.jpg

PSASmeeting050.jpg

PSASmeeting041.jpg

PSASmeeting040.jpg

Last edited:
PSASmeeting037.jpg

Also, a short AEFW presentation
PSASmeeting051.jpg

PSASmeeting053.jpg

PSASmeeting057.jpg

Eggs on the underside and alot of AEFW's dieing in the bottom. This colony was teaming with them.
PSASmeeting058.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for supporting our hobby

I just walked in the door from the Frag Swap….

Members, Thank you for supporting the club and each other, it was nice to meet all of you. Please spread the word and help the BOD make this the best reef club around.

Duane,
You have a great family and a very nice setup. Thank for hosting the event and putting up with all of it. You did a great job!

I would also like to think the sponsors who took valuable time out of their schedule to support our club.

I counted 32 people in the garage once, and I’m sure more were inside. We didn’t get all of you to join this time around. Please do soon.

This was a great event and many more soon to come.
Thank you for supporting the club and our crazy hobby

Great meeting today! I was active with PSAS six years ago. It was great to see some familiar faces and to meet some new folks, too. I look forward to getting involved with the local saltwater community through PSAS and this website.

Gary

Dang, I'm a copepod?

Last edited:
OK Guys and Gals...got home to find my ACIII Pro not communicating with my system... :eek: SOme swearing, manually unplugging and re-routing stuff...and now I have calmed down enough to post some pics. I'll try to get to the vids tomorrow.

First, Tank Shots:

CIMG7847.jpg

CIMG7846.jpg

CIMG7848.jpg

Great display Duane. Well set up and nice and quiet. You have a very nice mix of corals and fish. Definite thumbs up! :)

This poor homeless dog cried for a measly scrap of toast all meeting long. I felt so bad for him, but Duane's a hard man!

CIMG7850.jpg

Equipment...I had to pay Duane the highest compliment I could think of, "You're a sick man, Duane." :D

CIMG7849.jpg

That's the Great Dahn Nguyen (not Dang!!) on the side.

CIMG7851.jpg

CIMG7852.jpg

CIMG7855.jpg

CIMG7856.jpg

That's all pretty normal stuff right?...

Meeting:

Early shot...

CIMG7867.jpg

Trade tank:

CIMG7868.jpg

Uh...what???

CIMG7869.jpg

Duane discussing how he uses Melafix to kill off AEFW!!

AEFW shots:

fw1.jpg

fw2.jpg

He uses a dark colored crock pot for easy ID of FW:

CIMG7880.jpg

And man does it work fast! :D

CIMG7895.jpg

Thanks for the bonus round Duane. That was really a very nice down and dirty demo of treating for acro-eating flat worms with a product many have never heard of for this purpose!

And I'll finish off this evening with a few coral shots from Duane's display. I took about 75 pictures during the meeting and only about 28 were worth posting.

CIMG7879.jpg

CIMG7901.jpg

CIMG7917.jpg

CIMG7921.jpg

CIMG7923.jpg

Next home meeting I attend I'll try and remember to bring a tripod! :rolleyes:

Thanks again Duane!

OK...got some vids. I have more but selected the ones I felt were the most interesting. These are unedited so please bear with that. I chose the AEFW ones because each one had an important tidbit of info.

What a great time!

Thank you Duane! You Rock! Your wife double ROCKS for allowing you to have a bunch of crazed reefers in your house!! Your tank is awesome! Your pico de gallo salsa is great (well... at least in a very jalepeno sortof way- I did finally stop tearing up when I saw Eric's ricordias, but that's when my throat started to burn! :eek: Yum yum!

I think everyone learned lots about slaughtering flatworms, got free pom poms, bought/traded frags, fracken good time for all!

It was great meeting everyone!

Thanks for all the cool trades! I must say, I'm the most in awe at the one frilly green mushroom that I bought for $1. That thing is massive! Chris (I think that's your name), what great generosity for selling fantastic mushrooms $1 each!

achu

Great pictures and vids, sorry I missed the flatworm treatment. Sounds very effective and I am thinking that Melafix would be a great treatment for new corals. If the bugs start falling off that fast then it would be a great way to see what pest might be on your new coral. Maybe Duane could post some info like what strength solution he used and how long to dip?:confused:
Thanks for all the cool trades! I must say, I'm the most in awe at the one frilly green mushroom that I bought for $1. That thing is massive! Chris (I think that's your name), what great generosity for selling fantastic mushrooms $1 each!

achu

You know there is only one thing to do with generosity . . . pay it forward!

Duane - Thank you for hosting the event. It was great to meet some local reefers. My son and I had a good time.

Fragman - Thank you for the pair of clowns and the Red Ric. The clowns have found a home in my starburst.

Kris,

Duane has the dosage posted in his original thread of AEFW and Melafix. If you search aefw and melafix as keywords I am sure you will find the thread.

Kirk

Back