PSAS September Frag Swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Personally I have not been a very active member because I always have so much going on, but I had a great experience at last year's frag swap. Bought a few frags and I met some great and truly helpful people, learned a lot and saw a very impressive reef tank system at the Salsa company. I learned so much in that one night about what I was doing right (or wrong) with my own little system. Paul helped me select some easier to keep frags (which are still alive and kicking in my tank today).

I think it has been a well run event as far as I can tell (I haven't been to other club events). I would look forward to meeting people in the hobby from anywhere.

I think the more frags the merrier, people (members) want to buy stuff they don't already have and at affordable prices. Thats all we were thinking about.

Everything is coming together well, and the evite will be out shortly.

Colleen

Well since it's an evening event, I won't be able to attend - I do have to go to Canada Ken! :( Please keep me in mind for easy starters - since I'm scared of putting anything else in my tank! I'll be willing to drive around to get them. Have a good time! :)

WaterDogs said:
Elmo, do you have any True Percs you can bring to the swap meet?

Not at the moment Dwayne.

I will have Clarkiis and Gold-stripe Maroons at this time. The banggai cardinals need another month before I will let them go.

True perculas...are on my list...so maybe by next year :p

- Elmo

stuff for the swap; sell or trade

Here are a few items I can bring to the swap. I'll sell them or trade for any LPS or zoos I dont have:

Pic 1: Good sized figi rock with large leather on it. Rock is about 6x6. Pink flesh; large yellow polyps. $35 or trade for hammer or whatever you have that I don't.

Pic 2: I have one or two toodstool leather with long polyps about 4 inches at least. One is on a 4 x 4 figi rock with a two small xenias on it. Looks very cool. $35 (I recently aquired it for that from another member). The other will have to come off a large branch rock, so $30 for that one.

Pic 3: I'd like to sell the large figi rock, completely corralline encrusted that has the digitata that is in the background. THere are also mint green zoos of nice size all over, the digitata has covered them in one area. $35 for the entire rock and goodies.

Pic 4: One large 2 headed green torch and a small torch. $20/$15

Pic 5: Pinkish/lavender hairy finger leather - Will cut a very large frag; $15

Pic 5: Green/orange zoos in the background - will remove a frag (the best I can will be my first try!) $15

Pic to follow - piece of the orange zoos $15

Let me know what you have to trade!! Afterall it's a swap!!

orange zoos for the swap

I got a piece of these orange zoos at the swap last year. It was a piece with about 10 on it. So thats a years growth!

Let me know if you want some, I'm gonna try my best to get some frags off.

ohh Colleen you are killing me.
i promised my husband i wouldn't add anything else to the tank :D .
i'll take it #2 :D me liky

Oh those are nice clowns Colleen ;)

Also have to add that large fiji rock has nice purple Digitata on it. Came from my tank awhile back when I had my 75 gallon, and very veyr nice in Colleen's tank. I've seen her tank and well it's really nice!

- Elmo

jesshimom said:
I got a piece of these orange zoos at the swap last year. It was a piece with about 10 on it. So thats a years growth!

Let me know if you want some, I'm gonna try my best to get some frags off.

I'll take some zoos, those look really nice! :)

Thanks Elmo; since we are going to one tank between Shilo and I we had to go for those. They are so sweet! They will eat out of our hands. I hope they have babies so you can come fish them out or whatever you do.... I'm going to rearrange the tank and get rid of the xenia so hopefully they will pay attention to the rose bubble Scott gave me. SO far they avoid it like the plague.

Tangee and Gab I have you down. Waterdogs I'll work on the zoos.

Oh also have a small rock with two very nice and full hairy/frilly mushrooms. Pinkish with white and green... very nice ones (thanks again Elmo they are now everywhereeeee :) ) Can bring to the swap will trade or sell; whatever. They are about 3 inches across

Available in limitted Quantities

I'm hosting the frag swap so All my corals will obviously be there and will include the usual variety of softies and SPS frags.

I have available the following in limited quantities:

4ea. Golden Teardrop Maximas $50
5ea. Echinphylia 1-2 inch frags $30 (Bright red plate- Tyree limited edition)
6ea. Bright Blue Staghorn 1-2 frags $25
3ea. 1-2 inch Blue Chalice frags $25 (Tyree limited edition)
5ea. Neon Fushia Stylophora frags $20

These will go fast!

See ya next Saturday!

Paul

Paul,
You know I would love to have a blue chalice if you could save me one. Iwill be up there Saturday. It will be nice to see familliar faces. My daughter has soccer around you Saturday and Sunday. I will gladly pay you.
Ed :)

Last edited:
Can I reserve a blue chalice Paul??? Even the smallest piece would be awesome for my little 29 reef.

Also if anyone has a sump to sell (in decent shape) with dimensions less than 30" x 16" x 16 tall or an Iwaki style pump or even a kalk reactor they want to talk about trading...I am still looking.

Last edited:
Hi all, I thought i'd see if anyone has these available to bring to the Frag Swap next weekend. I'd like to trade if you do :)

Unopened bag(s) of Southdown(Yard Right) Tropical play sand.
MAG 3 Supreme Pump (not the pondmaster).
MAG 7 Supreme Pump (not the pondmaster).
MAG 9 Supreme Pump (not the pondmaster).

Thanks,
Ilham

Pic 2: I have one or two toodstool leather with long polyps about 4 inches at least. One is on a 4 x 4 figi rock with a two small xenias on it. Looks very cool. $35 (I recently aquired it for that from another member). The other will have to come off a large branch rock, so $30 for that one.

Hey Colleen, i just wanted to let you know that i'm afraid i won't be able to buy the toadstool :( .
I really wanted to get it, but right now i gotta try saving for a canopy,ballast, bulbs and even a pump :cry: , so thank you anywyas

Could I reserve one each of these?

Echinphylia 1-2 inch frags $30 (Bright red plate- Tyree limited edition)
1-2 inch Blue Chalice frags $25 (Tyree limited edition)

I can come early and help set up. I will bring a 10 gallon tank and some extra powerheads and power strips.

I plan on bringing some softies; pincushion leather (sarcophyton), sinularia dura, and some mushrooms.

Back