PSAS September Frag Swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

To the organizers....

Are we going to have a seperate tanks for RED BUG FREE and ARENT SURE IF I HAVE RED BUG tank?

Well I have some frags that I want to sell or trade.... but I have RED BUGS.... So am I still welcome and assume that the buyer will quarantine it themselves?

Now that is a very good question, Cesar. Too bad more people didn't stop by your place during the tank tour ;) That way they could see the little buggers and ID them in their own tanks. (Poor Cesar found out he's got the bugs when Paul pointed them out to him on the tour.) It might be best for traders to keep frags floating in bags as much as possible until you can get them home and QT them. Does anyone have other ideas on how to separate the bug-free from those with creepy crawlies? Paul has the treatment for them down to a science, for those who need to know.

I'm very sorry about the late announcement of the date. Fragman (Paul) and his family are moving that month so scheduling is tight. It's either going to be the 17th or the 24th...and I will post the confirmed date here as soon as I know. I'm sure Paul would welcome any help moving all those tanks the weekend after the fragswap! :p

We could just stick Paul on all of the incoming frags, mans got the eye of the tiger! That's a good way to ensure no red bugs. :p

Is there any consideration of having a live sand bin? Everyone brings some live sand, it gets tossed in the bin and mixed up, then everyone leaves with the same amount that they brought. It's a good opportunity to introduce a little diversity.

mnewby: You can join a the meeting. We will be collecting at the door as this will be the first meeting of the new year for PSAS.

Cesar: We may try to do that as it is a really good idea. Godd educational possibility too. We need to get an estimate of how many tanks we are going to need based on participation (evite responses) once we have the logistics worked out. Great idea though.

Chris: We've done the sand exchange in the past. If you wanted to bring a small tub and put some in and allow others to do so as well, you are welcome too. With a lot of people moving to barebottom tanks, we saw a decrease in the want/need for the club to set up a sand exchange.

Greetings folks.

My first time perusing the site, after being directed here by Reed. I'm looking forward to joining PSAS at the frag swap, and meeting all of you. Am a little disappointed that my tank won't quite be ready for 'life' yet. (Nearing the end of the hardware stage).

Looking forward to it,
Sam (in Anacortes)

Sam.... WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!!
I hope you will like it here... and did I say WELCOME already? WELOCME!!!!

Welcome Anacortes to PSAS and RF!!!

9.gif

Woo-hoo!

Date for the Frag Swap is the 17th!

You'll be receiving an evite soon with all of the details and directions. :)

Is anyone up to volunteering to help out? We need some help with set up and tear down and we could use a couple of small tanks, lights, powerheads, etc. Post here if you can give us a hand to make this a great time!

I'm sorry to here that the date of the swap was on the only sat. in sept. that I have plans to do something on. I was hoping to come and join PSAS. Is there a time set for this event? Maybe if it is early enough I can come for a little bit. If not I'll just have to wait till Oct.

Hi,

I would like to see if there is any interest in having Steve Tyree
(and myself), come to the frag swap next month.

If enough people are interested, we can make this a road trip, Steve could maybe do a little talk at the swap.

What do you think? Please LMK

Thanks
Frank

Back