Question regarding LED lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the kind words. It looks worse in person I promise :)
I will measure it when I get home. I think it is 16" tall to the bottom of the light surface. Floyd gave me that dimension and I don't remember.
I made the "foot" to fit in the slot that you currently have so 2" by a little more than 3".
If I did things right (doubtful) the center of the light should hit the center of your tank with a little play to move in or out.
You might have to extend your slot under the tank if you want to have the lights forward of center.
I found some thumb screw thingys yesterday, I still have to cut them down. Not sure how they will work. I will toss them in when Floyd stops by.
Sorry I missed you yesterday Floyd, I didn't check this thread :-(
Give me a call when you are headed this way, or I can send it to Anacortes with Colin.

-Todd

Sweet Todd, sounds great. I dont really think the thumb screws will be needed. I can move this little tank not a problem. I will probably have it set out on the counter anyway with room to move the light back and forth.

Its gonna be great. :)
Thanks

Hey not sure if I am going to be able to get up that way again for a little bit. Lots of audits and inspections going on right now. But If Colin is up that way, and heading back this way it would be awesome if you cound send it with him.

Hey Todd, just wondering if you were able to send that with Colin, if not could we plan a get together for this weekend sometime for a pick up. Call me let me know.

:dance::dance:Yippeeeee, I am picking up my light tomorrow. I will try to get a pic posted tomorrow night, but its going to be a long day. Just might stop by ARCA on my way home:)

:( well theres been a delay... I cant pick it up today, but thats okay. I think Floyd is going to post pics. Maybe I will be able to get out for a nice drive next weekend to get it.

It is the Knitter's United Retreat funded by the . No for some reason I fried the controller for the fan's. So now I have to come up with a way to power both fans. It can be done and will be done.

Lorrie sorry for the rollercoaster, I will have to take a minute and readjust and rethink my strategy. I am pretty sure that I exceeded the amperage on the controller. Funny how sensitive things are.

Not a problem. I know you will figure it out.
Anyway, it gave me a chance to work on a couple racks for my frag tank and acclimate my powder brown to his new home in the 90 and put the new 20k bulbs in my light on the 75 and move this huge plating coral from the 90 where it was not getting enough light to the frag tank so it is under 15k mh now and hopefully will color back up. Did a water change on the small frag tank. fragged some king midas zoas and some eye of rah zoas. And accidentally fragged my purple digitata. Moved a bunch of monti and digitata pieces from the 75 to the frag tank. I glued a piece of sps to the rock in the 75. Don't know what it is, but its has beautiful green polyps. Been sitting here for the past hour..taking a break...and watching my eel explore the tank. Went outside and pulled a few weeds earlier. Wasn't planning on that but I went out to pick some daffodils and tulips and somehow ended up pulling dandelions. Got more stuff to do, but don't have the energy any more. Maybe a little later. Someone is coming by and hopefully taking my 40 gal tank and stand out of my living room. Its been a busy day.

Lorrie, Sunday is right around the corner. Just wanted to make sure that you will still be coming. Can't wait to see this over your tank.

I will be there. 1:30 as planned....probably a little sooner. I cant wait either. And I will be bringing a few frags with me too.

Lorrie, the frags opened up nicely, they are good looking zoo's. Thank you. I just hope you didn't feel that you needed to. So the suspense is killing me. Cant wait to see how they look over the tank.

I'm glad you like the frags. AND THIS LIGHT IS SOOOOOOO SWEEEET!!!!!
This little tank looks sooo cool. Pictures just dont do it justice so I dont want to post any.
Pics still wont look as good as it does in person.
Just kigging....I am working on the video. Will be up this evening.

Thank you Floyd and Todd and Larry, sooo much...
I have your frag waiting for you Todd for the next time we can get together.

Okay, here are a couple pics and a video.
On the video, I started with both the white and blue lights turned down on low. I turned the whites up all the way and then I turned the blues up all they way and then turned the whites down all the way, thats when it got REALLY blue, and then turned the blue lights back down all the way. There is alot of ability to change the color of the lighting on this. Sooo cool.

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Now I need to do a water change. Geeze that could take a whole two minutes... Give it a few days, do a few tests, that reminds me...I need to order more test kits...and start picking and choosing the zoas that are going in it. Getting them fragged up and attached to the rocks...Yeah, all two rocks. This is so fun!
:)

VERY NICE. That has to be one of the coolest DIY I've seen.

That little tank is soo sweet, makes me want one. But if I try setting up another one already the Ol'Lady might make me part of the next big headlines, LOL. I have this little 5gal halfmoon I am holding onto. Waiting for the right time. I will keep waiting, patiently.

So how much will you be selling those lights for, guys, hint,hint, LOL. That looks very nice! AWESOME GUYS and GALS, very nice.
IPisces, very lucky to have such good friends.

IPisces, very lucky to have such good friends.

They're a great group of people out here. Most everyone I have met on this forum have been really nice and helpful, but some just go above and beyond that.

And when everyone comes over for the get together that Todd and Gina is hosting in september, I live right around the corner and your all welcome to come by. I will have to talk to them about helping host that get together.

Back