ReefGeekers 90g Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So I went to the LFS to get some mysis and they were having a 30% off sale and I had a 5 dollar credit so I scored this bad boy for 20 bucks! Its ~8"x8" or so.
moon.jpg

Chris, Favids do best in low to moderate flows and lighting. Nice SCORE! Definitely should color up nicely for you.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks Todd I was getting conflicting info from my web search. What do you guys mean exactly by color up, is it going to change colors or just the center colors will be more prominent?

You'll get pretty Colors. Like anything else does under good conditions.
Like most stuff I find at my local petco is brown as ****
Made friends with the salt water know it all there. She says it is because their phosphates is insane.

I know what you got.......

Show the goods. That fog was intense. I got super lost. Finally found evergreen way tho lol.

Yes, I know what you gots too... :gossip: Did you find places for everything alright ? Sorry Steven took the scenic route out of here yet was to foggy to actually see anything...

Cheers, Todd

:peep: They're onto me... It was very foggy but I found my way alright. Thanks Tood for the second round of awesome frags! Good luck with your move Steven!

newfrags.jpg

newzoas.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome Chris, everything seems to have acclimated well. You now just need wait a few months for them to encrust/grow/multiply into colonies of their own.

Cheers, Todd

Agree!! Is that a tort I see at the top??!
Looks about the same size as mine is. Grow off :)
Even tho I keep breaking the tips off lol :(

Placed the order today for the Bubble Magus Curve 7! Also ordered some Reef Roids, anyone else use this stuff? Hopefully it gets here soon!

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment! The shipment is supposed to arrive on tuesday. I've only ever had the aqua c's so tuning the skimmer will be new for me any tips for tuning a skimmer would be helpful? I will be using the reefroids once a week at first. This will also be new to me as I have never actively fed my corals, they just got whatever was floating around after feeding time. I never rinsed my frozen foods because I figured that the corals like to eat the debris, now that I'll have the reefroids I will rinse the frozen foods and this should help the water quality I think. I have also started using kent zoecon for added nutritional value for the fish and have cut down feedings to once per day. So hopefully the end result in these changes will be better water quality, faster growth, and more color for both the fish and corals.

Back