Remora falling off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chady

Anyone else have issues w/ Aqua C Remora Pro's Mag3 pump falling off? I've tightened the clamps as far as they can go, but no luck. The design seems flawed -- the Mag3 is basically hanging by a 1" piece of tubing from the intake to the skimmer. It's fallen off two or three times.

Finally, I went out and bought some longer tubing and have the Mag3 resting on the bottom of the tank. The pump action's not as good because the increased water pressure @ that depth, but skimming seems fine.

Anyone know if the prefilter box helps keep the pump in place, or any other home brewed solutions? Might just need to get better clamps than those supplied by AquaC.

Remora Pro's Mag fix & Upgrade

Hi Chady I have a Remora pro that I converted to a sump " urchin style "
I have 2 suggestions for you.
1 st upgrade your pump to a mag drive 5. I followed some advice from Skimmer whisper 2-3 years ago on this one 2x the work your Remora Pro will do;)
As for the leaking/falling off tubing Try this.
Buy new mag drive 5, Get new tubing, Take 1 cup of Ro-dI water stick in coffie cup heat till boiling stick 1 end in cup attach tubing to pump or skimmer which ever is easyer for your application Attach plastic clamp. Let cool for 5 min. Repeat process for other end of tubing.

When I took the remora from a hang on to using it for a in sump I had to remove the lower blocks that you used to adjust it against the side of the tank. With the mag drive 5 I added a longer hose"tubing" to let the pump set on the bottom of the sump this also helped support the skimmer. Been real happy with its preformance and heating the tubing will mold it to your pipe nipple connections with it being softer it allows the clamps to seal the tubing tighter as well.:D
Hope this helps It has been real benifical for my tank..
Jeff

Anyone else have issues w/ Aqua C Remora Pro's Mag3 pump falling off? I've tightened the clamps as far as they can go, but no luck. The design seems flawed -- the Mag3 is basically hanging by a 1" piece of tubing from the intake to the skimmer. It's fallen off two or three times.

Finally, I went out and bought some longer tubing and have the Mag3 resting on the bottom of the tank. The pump action's not as good because the increased water pressure @ that depth, but skimming seems fine.

Anyone know if the prefilter box helps keep the pump in place, or any other home brewed solutions? Might just need to get better clamps than those supplied by AquaC.

Last edited:
sorry no

Did you have any photos of that Modified Remora??

Here is a link on the pump mag drive 3 before upgading to the 5:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f61/aqua-c-urchin-remora-pro-upgrades-20184/

Check out this link for a picture of the skimmer you will see the adjustment screws they were glued to a 1/2" lexan block I pulled them off leaving a flat surface for the Remora to sit in my sump I measured my tubing and its 9" long to the base of a mag drive 5 sitting in the sump as well. Hope this explains it..Jeff
Remora Pro

Back