Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Make sure that all the silicone is the same thickness before it cures. Will prevent locking stress in. Need VERY little between the glass layers, perhaps just at the crack and a thin bead at perimeter for balance, perhaps 1 mm thick. It is the silicone between the sides and the bottom that seals the tank.

Use the handles, take it slow. Good luck and have fun...

Make sure that all the silicone is the same thickness before it cures. Will prevent locking stress in. Need VERY little between the glass layers, perhaps just at the crack and a thin bead at perimeter for balance, perhaps 1 mm thick. It is the silicone between the sides and the bottom that seals the tank.

Use the handles, take it slow. Good luck and have fun...

Thanks for the tips Mike!

If you neeed help tonight I 'll be around??
It will cost ya, one frag of red blastos.. LOL

J/K

Alright if you insist on it. I think I can frag part of the rock that it is on:badgrin:. No really that is a nice Blasto. I havn't seen anything around like it. I wish I can spot feed my LPS more so they will grow faster! I can't because of the peppermint and the coral banded shrimp tears into their mouths when I do. I tried to spear the shrimps last night with no success they are fast. Don't worry Adam you and a couple others are on the list for a FREE frag of this once bigger.

Well the glass was delivered to me the bad part is they cut it at 71 7/8thx35 7/8th when I told them 70 7/8thx34 7/8th. So now I have to wait until next week.

man hate to ask. whats next. well big tanks take time and your tank is testing yourself. it will be up and running before you know it. if you need any help. you know the number to call. talk to ya soon. chad

Yeah tell me about it LOL. What is next? Hopefully the next thing that will happen after this is a running system. My patience is being tested but my will is still running strong:D!

Back