Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yes I love the depth of the tank. You can make lots of caves and hiding places for fish. The water is much clearer this morning I can almost see all the way through the back. I'm sure when I get home from work It should be clear enough to get some better pics of the rock work.

So what does everyone think about me putting in a bunch of chromis in there first to jump start the cycling process? What other fish option do I have besides chromis that is very hardy and not aggressive to new additions?

freshwater mollies that have been acclimated to saltwater :D they even have live births!

Mollies are ugly LOL. I might just get a lone Lawnmower Blenny or some sort of sand sifting gobie to throw in there tonight or tomorrow. I know they won't bother new addtions. Hopefully with close to 400g the fish will be OK with the tank going through the cycle. I will try to get my frag tank/temp. fuge up sometime this weekend.

Got the chromis in the 270g. I guess I might not need any more flow in there since the poor Chromis look like they are stuggling to swim in there:lol::lol:

The water is much much clearer today. Here are some pics I just took. I got a couple top down shots of the chromis swimming. I love how easy it is for me to access the top of the tank. Anyways on with the pics.

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2806-1.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

That's an awfully small reflector for a MH, I hope you didn't spend too much on it. Although, it does have pretty good coverage.

Tanks;) for the words fellas! I'm very relieved now that I can somewhat sit back for a bit and just enjoy looking at the tank. The water I would say is now about 75% clear. I have absolutly no mico bubbles entering the tank what so ever. It going to look so much clearer than the 40b!

You got the number of fish wrong...It wasnt 2 Chromis; it was 200 Chromis... Back to the store for you.. :)

I know this is going to sound mean but they are my throw away fish:lol::lol:. I don't plan on having them in there unless they survive the cycle.

So I have a question for everyone. I know I posted this on a different thread but I was just looking at how much light spread I get with just a flourecent lamp refector. I am starting to really believe that I would only need to use 2 large Lumenbright reflectors. This would save on energy and bulb replacement.Take a look at these pics and you can see how much light I am getting with just the one flourecent bulb in a reptile heat lamp reflector.

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

Back