Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ditto that. If those chromis make it and you can catch them :badgrin: I'll give ya fitty cents a piece for em. That's a final offer though, take it or leave it.

I tell u what Kerri... I'l give you the chromis for FREE! I'll just charge for the time it takes to catch them:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:. That is my counter offer to you.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I tell u what Kerri... I'l give you the chromis for FREE! I'll just charge for the time it takes to catch them:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:. That is my counter offer to you.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Great, so only .25 each!! I'll take that offer. :D

Here you go Luke. See what you can find.

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

100_3477.jpg

100_3478.jpg

Water level is to high. You need the water level to be about half an inch above the top of the volute. Notice how much lower the water level is compared to your pic. Its pry an inch lower.

Sorry man, i know its a pita. The skimmate will pry be pretty tan til your rock and sand is cycled. Then you get tar that smells up the whole house. Your wifey will love it : P

So the water level should be right above the bottom of the T on the output according to the pics.

Last edited:
I'm experimenting with LEDs for my actinics. I tried the PowerBrites but they are too blue and my pics come out crappy when shooting under it. So now I am trying out a different LED lighting that is not as powerful as the PowerBrites. It gives a nice even look but it completly washes out when the halides are on or if I open my window and the sun is shinning on the tank. I might stick with this for a bit and switch to T-5s. Here are pics of the LEDs and Lumenbrights in the hood. I know wires hanging everywhere but I'm not done with it yet.

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

That rock work is excellent man, lots of tunnels and spaces, looks really good.

Dude, that hood looks nice, but you got a lot of wiring hanging out :lol:

I wish I had a tank that deep, lookin really nice man.

Thanks for the words fellas! I'm loving the rock work myself:D! There is only 200-220lbs of rock in there. Lots of caves nooks and crannies for fish to swim in and out of. You can't see it in the pic but from the top view there is a canyon running along the middle half of the tank from left to right. I have Tunze 6101 on a controller on the back left corner and that pump keeps the back 6-10'' clear of sand and blows the sand around all the way at the right side of the tank. As for the skimmer I'm still trying to find the sweet spot. That pump on the body is freaking powerfull!

Back