Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I got the 400w halide to fire. I had a blonde moment a few times :lol::lol:I just didn't screw the bulb in all the way LOL. Here are some pics with just the 400w halide in the middle on.

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

Here is a pic of the stand tank and canopy. I thought the light would bleed out of the tanks dimensions more but I am surprised that most of the light stays in the tank and not being wasted by lighting the outsid of the tank.

IMG_2891.jpg

I got the 400w halide to fire. I had a blonde moment a few times :lol::lol:I just didn't screw the bulb in all the way LOL. Here are some pics with just the 400w halide in the middle on.

I resent that!:lol: Looks great! Is that the Ushio 14k bulb? Looks like you could have gotten away with two reflectors but it looks better with three!:)

Last edited:

I resent that!:lol: Looks great! Is that the Ushio 14k bulb?

LOL opps:eek:... Yes that is the ushio 14k bulb. Oh yeah check your PM Jayson:D

Here is a few pics I jsut took to give you an idea of how deep the tank goes. The six line wrasse is at the sand barrier that is about 18'' so the are 18'' of bare bottom in the back and plenty more room for fish to swim in and out of.

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

Looking good Sarang! So gald to that puppy up and running after all the frustrations. I will have drop by and check it out in person.

So that bulb wasn't screwed in all the way? It couldn't have been that much farther in to go. How did you get it screwed in farther? Was there something in the socket itself? You get the moonlight up yet?

So that bulb wasn't screwed in all the way? It couldn't have been that much farther in to go. How did you get it screwed in farther? Was there something in the socket itself? You get the moonlight up yet?

I'm thinking it was just a new socket and the spring in the socket was just a little stiff. After trying out a few different bulbs it got looser and it screwd in another 3/4'' or so after the 10th time LOL. The LED Actinics is not installed yet. I havn't figured out a way to mount it yet.

I resent that!:lol: Looks great! Is that the Ushio 14k bulb? Looks like you could have gotten away with two reflectors but it looks better with three!:)

Yes I could've gotten away with just 2 reflectors. I ordered 3 so I said why not since I already have it. My lighting schedule will be like this Actinics (2hrs a day) on 1 hr before and after the 250(8hrs a day) and the 400(5hrs a day) in the middle will be on 1.5hr after the 250 and off 1.5hr before the 250 turns off and the actinics turn back on after all the MH are off. So my total Photo Period with the Acts 10hrs.

Some pics with all the lights on. 250w 20k CV on the ends and 400w 14k ushio in the middle. For some reason the 20k CV bulbs are not the same color:confused:.

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

Nice rock work. Must feel good to have everything set-up after the set back of having the tank crack on ya.

Thanks Chad.:) The rock work came out better than I expected and get great flow between the rocks. My main focus with the rocks was flow through, minimal dead spots and to make sure there are plenty of swimming and hiding places for fish with the least amount of rock I can get away with. I think I did good with only 200-220lbs of rock. It is well below the rule of 1 1/2lb per gallon. Yes it definatly feels good wait make that great! It is such a releif. I can now sit back and relax and pay a little more attention to my 40b because I had let that slip a bit with this new tank. Everything in there still looks good though. I am going to slowly start to transfer my LPS in mid July and SPS will be 3 to 4 months from now.

looks great sarang! That is weird how the two cv bulbs are different colors, the one on the right looks a bit more blue than the one on the left.

Tom

thats a pretty sweet light setup. i love the idea of the 400watt coming on after the other 2 for the mid portion of the photo period. your corals are gonna love that.

Back