Rose bubble anemone care

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

From what I understand you can over feed also.

IMO,....There is no such thing as overfeeding....IME.... If the food chunks are too big, or it is full, anemones will consume the food, and expunge it back out.

This is why when you feed a bleached anemone, you should watch it go down, and stick around to make sure it doesn't get spit out.

I feed my anemones...everyday. Some people never feed their rose anemones and have great luck. IMO it is a mixture of actual foods and lighting that help them grow. Every other day, or once a week is great as well.

Best,
Ilham

IMO,....There is no such thing as overfeeding....IME.... If the food chunks are too big, or it is full, anemones will consume the food, and expunge it back out.

This is why when you feed a bleached anemone, you should watch it go down, and stick around to make sure it doesn't get spit out.

I feed my anemones...everyday. Some people never feed their rose anemones and have great luck. IMO it is a mixture of actual foods and lighting that help them grow. Every other day, or once a week is great as well.

Best,
Ilham

Good to know. When I first got mine. I was feeding it every other day until someone said it was to much. So I cut back to once a week. Mines doing great with the once a week feeding, but at least I know I cannot overfeed it. Well unless I try to feed it every hour. :D

Thanks Ilham.

James

Fish404.jpg

Fish493.jpg

Nice photo Brian!

Those clowns must come from good genes....hah. Did you disturb their sleep for that first shot!! j/k j/k

Best,
Ilham

What a great thread! The whole thing was very helpful and would have been even without the happy ending. Now am I way off or is this in the aquarium that is in the basement of your girlfriend??

What a great thread! The whole thing was very helpful and would have been even without the happy ending.

Thanks. Actually the last few days the anemone and my green star polyps have been retracted. I think there is some chemical warfare going on in my tank and I need to investigate more closely.

Now am I way off or is this in the aquarium that is in the basement of your girlfriend??

The equipment is under the house, but the tank isn't. And my wife isn't supposed to know about my girlfriend.

Nice photo Brian!

Those clowns must come from good genes....hah. Did you disturb their sleep for that first shot!! j/k j/k

This was just as they were settling in for the night.

Hey Brian,
How long did it take for the clowns to finally host the anemone?

Well I introduced the clowns one at a time when they were only a few months old. When I had just one clown he didn't show much interest in it. After I added the second one, it took a few weeks of swimming around the tank, another few weeks of hanging around near the anemone, and then finally they went in for the plunge.

No I was just an avid reader of the thread where you set up the tank at your fiance's house. It was very interesting. I think part of that was when there was a power outage in your area.

P.S. Hi my name is Debbie and I've been happily married for 25 years and happily reefing (so far) for 6 months :)

Last edited:
Yea my rose is HUGH now. When I got it a little over a year ago it was about 3" in diameter. Now it is over 12 inches in diameter and takes up pretty much the center of my 180 now.

Jerry

Back