Rose bubble anemone care

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wow this thread was funny. like a small book. that one dude that jumped down your case must feel stupid now seeing as your anenome (sp) is doing well. this is a very informative thread for me as well as i plan on getting a bta. my tank is only one month old though ill wait another few.

Thanks everyone, I wouldn't have got very far without your input. And after all this I may end up removing him from the tank anyway. We'll see :)

The lesson of this story is that anemones like powerheads and filter intakes.

Yeah I should have listened to you in the first place! What, me worry?

I was thinking about removing him because I'm afraid one day he may decide to get up and sting my SPS, possibly as revenge. I'm not sure what I will do yet.

so maybe i dont want to get one after all.

it can move, its agressive, and it can kill my other corals?

sounds like a hassel. is hammer coral bad news like this?

I don't know.. I have one and it's been in the same spot now for approx 3 months. I know they can wonder around but I haven't expereinced that yet. I think the trick might be once it's in a spot you like start feeding it there, mine hasn't moved since.

Here's another shot. I came home from work today and he's in the perfect location at the bottom of the tank facing the front. Couldn't have picked a better spot myself, let's just hope he says there!

Fish246.jpg

Oh yeah I did, haven't been ignoring your advice, just forgetting to post that I followed it :)

He's still there, 3 hours later...

Well I've been feeding him every other day and he's not moving, which is good. I like him just where is is, in the center of my tank.

I'm ready to call success on this one; maybe I'll post some pictures in a few months. Thanks to everyone for their help, looks like some stories do have happy endings. Too bad my clown could care less.

Fish248.jpg

Back