Running a fish tank without arms or legs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hopefully i can get this weekend off! It'll only take like 1hr to get it set up and going.... than the waiting shall begin!

Hopefully i can get this weekend off! It'll only take like 1hr to get it set up and going.... than the waiting shall begin!

That would be awesome! I've been staring at this thing with so much dead life in it forever. I really need this kind of boost too. especially right now

Okay… its on like donkey kong. I got a confirm we are setting everything up this Saturday. 1guydude is coming to help me set it up.

It looks like Saturday we are going to be put the fish tank back together. 1guydude is going to help me out.

Yep yep... thats the plan man! Im gonna make up some SW tommorow and let it airate for u! I got some sand but its got a lil pink in it....wat do u think? I got it on sale lol...
Look forward to it!
-devin

There is a little bit of pink in it? I'm not sure what that means. I have some gravel that's probably not as good as sand. Is there anything that I should get? I have a gift certificate that my mom got me for Christmas.

So, thanks to my new friend Devin my fish tank has been cleaned up and is now going through a cycle.

DSCF0086.jpg

So, thanks to my new friend Devin my fish tank has been cleaned up and is now going through a cycle.

DSCF0086.jpg

I'm having troubles with my skimmer. I'm not sure how to get the bubbles up correctly. It seems to be submerging. My caregivers are in charge But I can give them instruction.

Okay, it has been two weeks since I initially set it up. I will do my first water change either tonight or tomorrow to bring the calcium down and the ammonia. I did get some coral at the bob moore frag swap but unfortunately a few of them have already died. I need to let my tank cycle a little longer. My salinity level is .26. Some people say that I should keep my salinity around .23 but I have had bitter experience with a higher salinity. Any feedback would help. also I'm wondering about how high the water level should be to get the bubbles to run over the skimmer cup.

Back