Salsakings new 700 gallon jaccuzi! lol 700 Gallon Reef system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey dumb dumb, you give me gum gum...If you have seen the movie Night of the Museum, you will get this pun, otherwise you wont.

Kirk

Well here we are, the first local test tank for DeepWaterRock. The wall is done and now starts it's 30 days of curing. The tank will be ready to go by the time the rock gets here and I cant wait to put it all together. Here's a pic of the wall when it's all together; although it does have some other tricks...? But I'll save those pics for later..!!!

Tease! :evil: :)

Most of the rock they do is Fiji design based, although he does do other stuff. I'm sure he'll have lots of pics when the launch gets here on the 27th... Cant wait..!!

Not to be nosey , but how much would a wall like that run. I love that set up and it seems more stable then just throwing a ton of rocks on top of eachother. I would really be interested in how much. I love the set up.

Check this out! The lights will come on at night!

The wall will cost me around $2000 delivered. Lots of extra's i added! The lights will be a cool effect at night! Dave is a great guy to deal with! Hold on Dave, your going to get a ton of business from this!

Everything was measured exactly as you can see from the holes on top! This all comes in four peices to be exact.

Woo hooo I'm excited to see the wall in action!

Thanks again Erik, and Dave for the wonderful work and thought process that went into this project!

I would say good luck Dave, but your not going to need it!

Take care

Eric

20080512_3.jpg

20080512_4.jpg

20080512_11.jpg

Wall1A.jpg

WALL4A.jpg

WALL7A.jpg

WALL8A.jpg

WALL9A.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awsome!!!! What do you plan on doing with all the live rock you got Eric or is it also going in there?

Probably selling some! You can't get marshall Island rock anymore is what im understanding! I will sell some to pay for this project. I'm looking forward to the set-up for sure. Going to be fun!

Costs of a back wall from Deepwaterrock

Not to be nosey , but how much would a wall like that run. I love that set up and it seems more stable then just throwing a ton of rocks on top of eachother. I would really be interested in how much. I love the set up.

The back walls will be between $70 and $100 per square ft...Just an FYI..
Depends on how much special stuff you want..

Eric, Nice thats a 10 on the spicy. Looks good.
Hay are them the lights you had at my house??. You left a bag with some plastic parts in it. I will call you tomorrow or lets do the lunch thing. Call paul. chow

I am curious about your plan for water flow after looking at the pictures .

Will all the closed loop water flow pretty much be coming from the back straight to the front? Are there going to be any tunze powerheads or sea swirls or have you figured it out that far yet?

I love the idea of this rock and wish I started with it !!

No! I'm going to have 25 maxi jets on each side on a wave timer! HA HA HA

No actually the wholes in the rock work and in front of the tank that you cannot see will take care of the close loop! Also, there will be 6 wavy sea's that will be on the top of the tank for flow on top as well!

Out of here! Have to have a Manhattan with the father in law!

Eric

6 wavysea's as a main return. 8 cl ports in the back wall and 8 cl ports on the front floor. This tank will not be hurting for water movement.. :)

canapy update: My builder had some personal stuff with family happen and had to push the canapy onto me; so I've been hard at work to get it done. I think I will have it finished on Friday and then I'll just need a couple days for the finish coat on the wood. So we should have the lights ready to go in the next week or so.. I'll drop some pics when it's ready to go on.. :) This thing is really big and has been a handful to work on..

Crown for a king size tank...

Well all went well at the shop and the top got finished up. I still need to get the doors done and sprayed/hung and spray the canapy as well, but at least the hard part is all done.. :) Here's a few pics of the almost finished top.. It will house 6- 400 watt Mh's and 6 48" VHo's as well as misc fans and other electrical..

Looking good Erik! Looking forward to the tank set-up! I'm getting the wall from Dave next week! Should be amazing!

No! I'm going to have 25 maxi jets on each side on a wave timer! HA HA HA

No actually the wholes in the rock work and in front of the tank that you cannot see will take care of the close loop! Also, there will be 6 wavy sea's that will be on the top of the tank for flow on top as well!

Out of here! Have to have a Manhattan with the father in law!

Eric

Hey Salsaboy, what's a whole?

Back