Salsakings new 700 gallon jaccuzi! lol 700 Gallon Reef system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not the sump! That would be a huge 700 gallon sump! Why did you think it was the sump! That is a full size fork lift lifting that beast.

Got more rock! I think i am up to 1300lbs or more! Hopefully I dont need more! Fragman, Mikey and myself traveled East yesterday to pick up more rock! Got some other goodies from Todd as well!

Thank you Todd! Good luck on your project!

Salsaking

Well the tank is going to get set tomarrow and then just a little more time on the wood and a few more plumbing parts and we'll be ready for water. I'll drop some pics tomarrow of the tank in place.. :)

Salt shortage?

I'm just curious - with all these large tanks going in regionally, are we going to be experiencing a salt shortage???

Windows out....

Well it was a very long day and I only had the chance to get a few pics, as I was all hands on today. The glass guys arrived just after I did and went to work on the windows and framing which had to be removed to get the old one out and the new one in. While they did that, I gutted all the pumps and ballast from the old one and got it ready to move. After the old one was out, the new one came in slowly but surely and all in all went very nice. A big thanks to Tracy for showing up to lend a hand and bringing some funny jokes to the less than fun side of the job...

Yahoo, What a blast that was. Good food, great company and always a good time at the salsa factory. Eric (veralteaquatics) props to you man. Very organized and looks like a well made product. From the stand to the tank " what a beast ". Took all but 20min to get the tank and stand in place. Thank god for suction cups.
We ready for water. Hope that RODI can keep up.

Thank you for your help all! It went smooth! Thank you to Tracy and Erik! Also a thank you goes out to the builder "Jason" for a solid tank. The only problem that I see with the tank is that when its full of live rock, and Coral, I'm going to want to jump in! :D Anyway, plumbing is going to get done this week along with the stand! Looking forward to the Lift that Randy is going to put on! Will make the top allot easier to move!! Sorry that I have not responded in awhile. It's Cinco de mayo week and Penny's salsa is busy!!!!

Get back to you all soon! Should be a beauty!! The tank that is!

Talk to you all soon! Eric

Hail to the Margarita Machine!! Margarita machine for PRESIDENT!!:D

Randy and Eric will be working on the top Tuesday! Things are getting plumbed as we speak! Happy Saturday everyone!

Eric

Salsaking update and new addition!!!!!!!

Hey all just wanted to give everyone an update on the tank. The lift is partially installed and we're just waiting for the finishing touches for the canopy. We will also be adding a synthetic rock wall that will cover the entire back wall / continuous overflow box. A new company in Virginia will be launching on the 27th called DeepWaterRock. This guy is amazing and has a new product that will revolutionize reef keeping. His synthetic rock comes in a variety of sizes, shapes and functions. Has no phosphate or nitrate leaching and will be available in free standing forms as well as hang on applications and of course full back wall displays. He is going to be selling to all at one price as of now and the rock will only be available directly from his processing plant in Virginia. Here are some pics, I have just received a piece today that I put in one of my tanks about an hour ago. I'll be updating the pic every couple of days so you can see how fast this stuff cultures with life...you can check his work out at www.deepwaterrock.com . I’m sure he’ll be joining Reef Frontiers in the near future to answer any questions you may have. After all the rock that has been collected over the last 10 years or more and the uncertain availability of rock in the future as the hobby grows, this will surely be the way of the future and for something custom and one off at a comparable price to the real thing…This will be the way to go as far as rock!!!

Wasington's first DeepWaterRock tank.......

Well here we are, the first local test tank for DeepWaterRock. The wall is done and now starts it's 30 days of curing. The tank will be ready to go by the time the rock gets here and I cant wait to put it all together. Here's a pic of the wall when it's all together; although it does have some other tricks...? But I'll save those pics for later..!!!

Back