Saltyfish's Skimmer Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well got a little work done today. I am half done with the flanges. here are a couple pictures...
Much more to be done tomorrow..

skimmerbuild-1.jpg

skimmberbuild2-1-1.jpg

alright lots more progress today, I tell you what building two dual stack skimmers at once is like building 4 normal skimmers at a time, tons and tons of time on the router.... right now I have invested a total of 7.5 hrs labor into this build. here are some more pictures (from my cellphone) I will post very detailed pictures showing build quality when finished..

Check out all those flanges!
skimmer001-1.jpg

skimmer003-1.jpg

Key holes

skimmer002-1.jpg

Bottom flange of the keyholes with groove for the O-ring

skimmer005-1.jpg

Ready to glue up!!!
skimmer007-1.jpg

skimmer008-1.jpg

skimmer009-1.jpg

skimmer010-2.jpg

Dammed good looking DIY there! You should teach some of the rest of us how to do that some day. ;)

I only hire the best!

Great Job Matt keep up the great work....

I know it all acrylic but I am feelin wood right about now......

I'm moving right along here, almost done with the build. then on the the plumbing. here are some more pictures!!!

The skimmer box's (not glued yet just to show deminsions)

skimmer011-1.jpg

skimmer012-1.jpg

here are the box's getting glued up!

skimmer014-1.jpg

the Collection cups getting glued up!

skimmer013-1.jpg

The cups on the left and Necks on the right (they will be glued together but i need to do some routering on them first)

skimmer017-1.jpg

And now the cups on the left, necks in the middle and the skimmer bodies on the right!

skimmer016-1.jpg

tomorrow I will Have the build finished and then friday I will begin with the fun plumbing....

Matt

Great work

Great craftsmanship Matt. Can’t wait to get back to the reef keep. Might have to send you an email again. Once again. Great work.

unreal!
To much power needed for me but that is unbelievable!
Those things are gonna pull sooooo much doo doo. :)

Back