Saltyfish's Skimmer Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey keep paws off LOL just kidding I will have to hire you as my inspector.
I would love to paw on all skimmers.
They fascinate me.
I'm mesmerized by the mechanics of them.
And I will inspect all thing saltwater even though I don't know a lot but I'll still look them over LOL

Hey now remember these are (hand built) they are not perfect why that would be impossible with out a (CNC) But they are pretty nice!!!

matt
Oh I know they are hand made but to the blind Eye you really can't tell. Matt your work is very good. Don't be that hard on yourself!
I'm impressed.

DONE

All thats left now is to clean it up and break it in....

skimmer035-1.jpg

skimmer037-1.jpg

skimmer036-1.jpg

skimmer034-1.jpg

HOLY SHIZZ......... your my hero matt even if i dont know you're like an icon of WOWness

WOW all I can think of are two things

WOW

and

How am I going to hide that from the wife? She doesn't even know I get the new tank yet, HA HA, Always an advanture being my spouse.

I am truely amazed Matt I didnt think you would have it done today, are you sure it is glued? I dont see any glue on it!

WOW

and

How am I going to hide that from the wife? She doesn't even know I get the new tank yet, HA HA, Always an advanture being my spouse.

I am truely amazed Matt I didnt think you would have it done today, are you sure it is glued? I dont see any glue on it!

It reminds me of that board game Mouse Trap!

Shock and AWE!

Last edited:

WOW

and

its all glued, but if you want I can go make a mess with glue so you can see it:D
I took my time so the plumbing looked good too....

I will hook it up tomorrow and start pulling some funky stuff...

matt

WOWWWWWWWWWW
That thing is Piiiiuuummmppp.
Matt you've out done your self on this one!!
Crystal says "HOLY CHEESE BALLS"
Gonna pull lots of "FUNK" .

Hey James, you know this thing will need to ship to you in 3-4 different boxes?
Not sure if you realize how big this thing is:D

LOL I will send one box a day till its all sent so you will have to deal with the suspense!:lol::lol::lol:

Matt

Is that this supposed to bring frankentank to life or what! That is absolutely a work of art and should have a frame buil around it and hung on the wall. No fish POOO goin through that thing!

Hey James, you know this thing will need to ship to you in 3-4 different boxes?
Not sure if you realize how big this thing is:D

LOL I will send one box a day till its all sent so you will have to deal with the suspense!:lol::lol::lol:

Matt

Yeah I am thinking of just driving over and picking it up but I don't know how I would explain the trip to the wife. She has already said next time I go to that side of the state she is going to Pikes Market.

I am in talks with Jason about my sump too so maybe it can be one big trip for fish (or just fish tank parts)

Nice Build!

Matt,
Great job on the skimmer.
Not wanting to steal any trade secrets, but why did you split the inlet water to both ends between the beckets instead of droping it in just above the inlet to the recirc. pump?

Matt,
Not wanting to steal any trade secrets, but why did you split the inlet water to both ends between the beckets instead of droping it in just above the inlet to the recirc. pump?

SRV,
If I understand your question correctly it is because it would not be a true recirc skimmer. The Recirc pump would then be a pull pump and at 1900 per hour it would drain the sump in a heart beat, also there are baffels in the bottom of the skimmer to keep air out of the recirc pump and in the skimmer.

Matt,

The inlet on both sides if so the water is evenly mixed on both sides of the skimmer. I want both sides to skim the same. also if I were to just put it on above recirc then it would decrease the turnover rate of the recirc...

Matt

Back