Sas's cesspool

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sasquatch

much as I hate reefing just can't seem to stop building tanks, tank dejour? 53 gal shorty, 34''x30''x12''
Need to invent new names for some of the things going on, display is in the front and equipment behind,almost a AIO, the chamber has 2 flow heads with its own pump, water is drawn through the inlet on the right side out the pump through the flow heads on left, the chamber will house live rock in blackout condition, the overflow is dedicated to the skimmer there is a pocket built into the back of the tank that houses the skimmer feed pump, skimmed water returned to rear area.
Im going with glass bead for substrate, size is similar or smaller than oolitic, bare minimum rock in display, my old rock is getting bleach,acid washed and recycled.
Lighting will be 6 t5ho's waiting for some powdercoating to be finished next week.
Skimmer designed and to be built shortly.
Today was fun but oh so stinky! couple of pics for now and lets see what kind of mess this turns into lol

1217111801-01.jpg

1217111800-00.jpg

1217111800-01.jpg

1217111801-00.jpg

Last edited:
I have never heard of or seen any such kind-of thing you have posted.
Hows come you can draw a box with a couple of divider lines and the take that right to the bench? Without even working out all of the design flaws. This just aint right in my book. You didnt even give us a chance to soil your breakfast.

hmm, well there was so much help in the tank design thread that I just plowed on, less gab more work haha

I have never heard of or seen any such kind-of thing you have posted.
Hows come you can draw a box with a couple of divider lines and the take that right to the bench? Without even working out all of the design flaws. This just aint right in my book. You didnt even give us a chance to soil your breakfast.

I forgot to add. Lookin good.
As for your substrate. Have you lost your marbles?

Thanks! and quite possibly, most likely

Wow, gonna be interesting. Did you build the tank yourself?

What are you planning on keeping in it?

Nick

Wow, gonna be interesting. Did you build the tank yourself?

What are you planning on keeping in it?

Nick

Thanks Maxx, I built a 26'' tall cube way back when, just ran the 1/2'' through my tile cutting saw, wore out a diamond drill doing the holes in the division wall lol, top frame is powdercoated 3/4'' steel, a breeding pair of clowns, royal gramma and 3 anems, maybe some leather trims from the old tank

Looks real good Sas, like the dimensions and going to a sweet Nem tank. I had a Blue Carpet Nem that covered the whole bottom of a 55 Hex along with a pair of Percs and Anemone Crabs, was a fun tank til a heater mishap then really did become a Cesspool.

Cheers, Todd

Looks real good Sas, like the dimensions and going to a sweet Nem tank. I had a Blue Carpet Nem that covered the whole bottom of a 55 Hex along with a pair of Percs and Anemone Crabs, was a fun tank til a heater mishap then really did become a Cesspool.

Cheers, Todd

thank you Todd, really hate heaters they are one item we all use that are really pee poor engineering

Oh no! Another Aqua FX noise making water rattler! Does your RO/DI unit rattle like a snake also, no matter how many times you change out that stupid little check valve? I have a box full of them and never a one worked right for me.

Nice tank Sassy!

Oh no! Another Aqua FX noise making water rattler! Does your RO/DI unit rattle like a snake also, no matter how many times you change out that stupid little check valve? I have a box full of them and never a one worked right for me.

Nice tank Sassy!

Thanks Frank, its dead silent I don't know that it has a check valve??

Actually, removal of the check valve is the fix. Maybe yours is a newer models, mine came with a 4 way check that caused it to rattle when attached to a float switch

Sent from my GSG4 communicator using Forum Runner

Actually, removal of the check valve is the fix. Maybe yours is a newer models, mine came with a 4 way check that caused it to rattle when attached to a float switch

Sent from my GSG4 communicator using Forum Runner

this ones pretty old now, maybe it was a stripped down model, thanks for reminding me Id better check TDS as Ive never changed anything

update
hood is assembled ready for wiring and my rock has had an acid bath hehe
10 gallons water, 1 ltr muriatic acid, 1 hr soak, disgusting!
1220111746-00.jpg

1220111610-00.jpg

1220111612-00.jpg

1220111615-00.jpg

1220111645-00.jpg

1220111745-01.jpg

Come on now, we get 4 pictures of a bucket puking and two pics of a light we know nothing about. Didnt see how it is to lift out of the way. How many watts, Leds, CF, t-5s .
You must be teasing us, just to up your post count. LOL

Back