Seattle to hot 90º this week

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Test?:lol::lol::lol: You make me laugh:lol::lol:. I hate doing test! I test my tank like once every quarter if that. I tend to mess with the tank to much when I test.:eek2:

Word. I bought all the tests and barely use them. I bought the 6 rows of computer fans on sleazebay and its keeping my tank pretty good. Chillers are mucho dinero.

Anyone have an empty frag tank w/chiller close to federal way I can borrow for like a week?? Must be able to tolerate a lazy fu man chu lionfish sitting on zoanthid colonys.

Man I just found a lawnmower blenny fishstick on the floor behind my tank I think he was getting sick of the boiler...

I got my tank to maintain at about 85 today it drops down to about 80 by the morning, not great but its an improvement.

How bad would it be if I unplugged my skimmer and return pump and just closed loop for a few days?

Would I just foul my system when I turn the return back on?
I can rock an air stone in the sump. It just seems with my 25 gallon water coloum the return pump and skimmer pump just spike the temperature.

Tonight I bought a used JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP chiller. I ran to Home Depot for some plumbing supplies and thankfully they are open until 10:00 PM. My SPS nano is now a cool 78 degrees. I am going to sleep much better now that I have a chiller.

The house is still 81 after topping out at 85. My 30-gallon softie tank is now at 81 degrees with a small fan blowing across the top.

Three more days in the 90's and high 80's before it cools down a bit on Saturday. I think I'm gonna make it through the week after all.

G

I'm going to bed a little cold tonight, 65 degrees is colder than I remember. :D
Remember to buy an a/c unit when they are back in stock you guys. Even if it's after the hot season. Your tank(and family) will thank you. lol

well I woke up to find my chiller off and my halides on(should have been off) and my tank at 87.9 I am not sure if the chiller can bring it down 10 and hold it there in 110 degree weather..

My tank topped out at 84 last night. I've been swapping in frozen water bottles to cool it down.

You'll find me at Sears looking for a portable A/C unit when they are back in stock. I don't want to be caught without one during the next heat wave.

I'm really happy that I bought a window AC unit last summer. My 1200 sq. ft. condo is a cool 73 right now. I bought this over a chiller, I figure why should the fish be the only ones that are cool when its hot out. The tank maintains 78-80 degrees right now without any fans. I don't look forward to my electricity bill next month though.

I'm really happy that I bought a window AC unit last summer. My 1200 sq. ft. condo is a cool 73 right now. I bought this over a chiller, I figure why should the fish be the only ones that are cool when its hot out. The tank maintains 78-80 degrees right now without any fans. I don't look forward to my electricity bill next month though.

Nice are you selling seats??

Its 102F at 2:00P.M. in the shade here in Lynnwood. Are we having fun yet? My tank is holding steady due to much preplanning.

I wish those of you lacking chillers and A.C. units the best of luck in getting through this heat wave.

What sucks is I used to own an AC before I moved in to this apartment, but the living room is the where I would have to put it, and there is only one circuit for the whole room =( That one circuit runs my 120xl, my entertainment center(with a power hungry plasma to boot), and two computer. No watts left for an AC =( Currently its 96 in here and the tank is sitting at 81.5 with the use of a fan and some rodi ice blocks. *crosses fingers*

103 degrees here in Puyallup, tank holding steady at 84. I'm going through ice packs faster than my freezer can freeze'em. Good luck guys, cold front coming through Friday only going to be 85 :)

I got my forecast off the weather channel website, but regardless the good thing is the word cooler under Friday! Can't wait.

first coral claimed by the heat (or temp swings more than likely). I expect more with this crap weather we have. If I lose too much I may be going to fish only until I can justify AC.

This is just insane. was 108.7 on my back deck in the shade of the umbrella when I got home. Now it's about 105 out there. Where is the Seattle I grew up loving 'cause this aint it. This feels like the tri-cities.

Back