Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow Tom, I'm always impressed seeing your tank...it never appears to do anything but continue to grow at alarming rates ;), Great job!

It'll be a shame to have to disturb everything by tearing it down for the move on Saturday, but the new house and in wall 180 will be a lot of fun.

-Eliyah

Craig Manoukian said:
Very nice reefer, what are the tank specs and a quick description of your set-up/filtration?
125 gallon, 55 gallon sump, ASM G3 & CPR Bak Pac Skimmers, 1 - 400W XM 10k, 1 - 400W XM15k, 1 - 250W IWAKI 5500. Started as a 55 in Oct 2003, upgraded to a 125 in April 2004, tank crashed in Sept 2004 when I had new hardwood floors done. Thoght I had lost everything but was amazed what came back months later. If you ever think a coral has died don't remove it from the tank because from my experience most regenerated.

Kitchen View
DSCN0113.jpg

Living room View
DSCN0131.jpg

Thank you all very much. It's amazing what you can do and learn with a little help from friends. I try to learn something new everyday, but it seems the more I learn the more I realize I don't know. Sometimes it gets frustrating but to get praise from fellow hobbyist makes it all worth it. :)

charlie said:
patsan, welcome to Reef Frontiers. Nice tank, would you mind telling us a little bit about your setup?
You'll like this place, plenty of info, and a bunch of great people!! :D
Thanks for the weclome.
It's a 90g acrylic tank. T-5's, MRC skimmer and a 90g TBS package running since the beginning of January.
I just bought a used 102g tank that I'm in the process of setting up now. I just ordered MI and Tonga Kaelini rock. So I'll be able to see and compare the pacific and Atlantic type rock.

charlie said:
What kind of goodies did you get with the TBS rock? I have heard some good and bad about the hitchikers that come in with that rock.
I got just about everything with it....good and bad. It was an amazing experience. I got 1 mantis with each shipment, but they never made it into the tank. I have about 2 dozen pistols in there now. Most are small...¼-½"...but I have a beautiful golden pistol that's about 3" long. I had a few nudibranches, lots of different types of worms, tons of crabs, one cirolanid isopod, different types of snails, serpents, sponges, Christmas Tree worms, feather dusters, turnicates, bi-valves. I've been told by numerous people that the diversity I got with my package was the best they've seen. I'm sure I got lots more....I just can't think of everything right now. :)

patsan said:
I got just about everything with it....good and bad. It was an amazing experience. I got 1 mantis with each shipment, but they never made it into the tank. I have about 2 dozen pistols in there now. Most are small...¼-½"...but I have a beautiful golden pistol that's about 3" long. I had a few nudibranches, lots of different types of worms, tons of crabs, one cirolanid isopod, different types of snails, serpents, sponges, Christmas Tree worms, feather dusters, turnicates, bi-valves. I've been told by numerous people that the diversity I got with my package was the best they've seen. I'm sure I got lots more....I just can't think of everything right now. :)

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, It is some really nice looking rock. What are you gonna do with the new tank, as far as corals etc.

I haven't really given it too much thought yet. I am still learning everything. It just took me 5 days to do the plumbing on it. My husband usually does that stuff, but he didn't want me buying a used tank, and I did anyway, so he's letting me do it all myself this time. :p
He's pretty impressed with the job I did on it, and to tell you the truth, so am I. I've never done any type of plumbing in my life, and I was so happy that I didn't have one leak! The tank is as quiet as it could be. I have to keep looking to see if it's running.

I'll probably get some mushrooms and zoos. I couldn't really add anything to a newly established tank for months anyway, so it'll give me some time to read up about what's good, what's not, what's easy to keep, what I can keep with T-5's, etc. So for right now, I'll get the rock, let it cure and just keep reading.

There isn't much room in the TBS tank to add corals. Oh yeah, I have 5 manicina's I got with the TBS also. Plus some hidden cup corals and star corals. See, I keep remembering different things as I go along.

Lots of people don't like TBS. I think it's just beautiful. Chock full of life and much of it is still alive. I just find it's hard to add stuff to that tank because there is so much life on every rock, there isn't room to add things.

May 2005 Tank Shot

Great tanks everybody.

Here is mine for the month of May. Its really hard to get the right color under 14k bulbs....

Enjoy.

FULLSHOT_2005-05-14.jpg

patsan said:
Thanks for the weclome.
It's a 90g acrylic tank. T-5's, MRC skimmer and a 90g TBS package running since the beginning of January.
I just bought a used 102g tank that I'm in the process of setting up now. I just ordered MI and Tonga Kaelini rock. So I'll be able to see and compare the pacific and Atlantic type rock.

Patsan,
What is TBS rock and where can you get it?

Back