Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looking great everyone!

Jlehigh - you have to open the image in its own window and use the URL from there with the image tags. I hope this makes sense? It would be like this (minus the *s):

[*img]http://www.reeffrontiers.com/photos_members/data/500/medium/TankUpdate.jpg[*/img]

Thanks guys. Ahh you rock Erik! I am loving that new set-up of yours, but anyone with a pink table is my enemy (Jealouse..). Hope you are added to the tour!

Cesar: The lights are 400W 20K DE. They don't look as blue in person. I think they strike the perfect balance for MH only lighting as they look much more like a 12-14K bulb. You can see the VERY blue section on the far right; that is a 250W 20K XM..

heres my 125 gallon

I've had this up and going since january 15th of 2005 so I have came a long ways very fast, (I got addicted!!!)
tell me what you think...

Matt Krom

Looks great Matt! I'd also like to know about the set-up :)

Charlie, your tank looks really different. Did you redo your rock or something...or have I taken one too many pucks to the head? Looks great either way. Tell Willis he's doing a good job ;)

reedman said:
Charlie, your tank looks really different. Did you redo your rock or something...or have I taken one too many pucks to the head? Looks great either way. Tell Willis he's doing a good job ;)

Yeah, I did some rearranging on both sides to open the rockwork up a little. It helps keep the flow goin on around the LR. Thanx, and don't worry about pucks to the head, that's just a normal feeling.

what I got...

First off I want to thank you all for the great comments on my reef!!!
as you know I've had it for 7 months now, I got into a groove with it very fast I must say... its mostly lps corals (hammers, bubbles, fox, lobo's, candy canes, a few sps (turbinara, cap's, acro's) and of course some softies as well. I also have a large colony of red sea pom pom's..
Its 125 gallons with 45 gallon sump/refuge. 250 lbs hawaiian rock in tank, 25 lbs misc. rock in refuge, lighting is 2 250w 14k halides, with 4 vho's, predator protein skimmer (32'' tall) with 1200 gph pump, my return pump is 1400 gph, and a 1/4 hp coil drop in chiller... I use c balance, tech-1, essential elements, coral vital, and marine max for the fish.
salinity- 1.025
temp- 75
calcium- 475
ph- 8.3

Thanks again for the great comments...

Matt Krom

Hello to all,

Here are some of the latest pics of my tank for the month of August with REEFLUX and USHIOS bulbs...
Description is on the upper left of pics.

FULLSHOT_2005-08_800_A_USH_NO_ACT.jpg

FULLSHOT_2005-08_800_C_RFLUX_NO_ACT.jpg

FULLSHOT_2005-08_800_B_USH_WITH_ACT.jpg

FULLSHOT_2005-08_800_D_RFLUX_WITH_ACT.jpg

On these pics, it doesnt show much because probably because of my camera. But with closer observation, the REEFLUX is a little bit bluer than Ushio and can make your blues and greens glow. Unfortunately, the reds and pinks will not glow.

Under ushios on the other hand, the tank is bright and but without the glow Im talking about compared to REEFLUX. The only bulb that I observed that makes my reds and pinks glow is the 10K XM's.

Unfortunately in terms of PAR based on Sanjay's research, on my magnetic ballast... Ushio is 118 and REEFLUX is 70.

Last edited:
My 300g-was transferred over from a 180 in march 2005. 180 was 7 yrs old then. The Pics on my website are getting old so heres a newer one.
082005.jpg

Back