Show your filtration Systems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Gab and Skipper. I am in the process of building an acrylic hood for my refugium so I can get that ugly light fixture out of there and add another bulb to it.

Are most sump systems gravity fed from the tank to the sump?

Those look so cool too. Have to be an engineer to set those up it looks like hehe.

Well I don't know about being an engineer, but I did do alot of planning and layout work to get it all to fit in the cabinet. Pretty much every inch is being used.

Skipper J said:
Nikki can the two parts supplement be enough to maintain Ca in the tank?.
I'm going to use the zeovit system and I can't get the Ca reactor yet so I'm thinking of using this for the mean time.
Joey

Sure. If your calcium demand isn't very high, then supplementing with a 2 parter won't be so expensive. Don't forget, you can also drip kalk.

NaH2O said:
Sure. If your calcium demand isn't very high, then supplementing with a 2 parter won't be so expensive. Don't forget, you can also drip kalk.

Thanks Nikki! I'm using kalk on my old tank but the 2 parts I havent really tried. The reason I ask the question is with the zeovit system kalk is not recommended due to its effect on the KH.

Gabriela show us what you've got. :D

I only had a canister filter and skimmer with my system before I knock it down. It run about 7 months. I'm not sure what I'll be coming up with my new system I'll definitely show it on this thread when I'm done.

Joey

Good pics everyone...I was afraid that this thread wouldn't get much posts!

Ken, I've always liked your sump setup. It's nice and clean. Oh, by the way, welcome back. I had asked everyone where you went.

Waterdogs, do you use that tank/sump for the extra water volume and water flow and what do you keep in that section with the black logo on it? That skimmer sure looks like it working for you. What type is it?

Elmo, if your filtration works for you and your clowns are spawning all the time then you should patten that idea and become a millionaire because people with the fancy systems can't even accomplish that.

I'll be posting pics in a month or so. My Dad works in the mineral business, (Oils, Metals, etc.) He can get his hands on Marine grade adhesives. We are going to build a sump/refugium along with a new stand and canopy. The stand is going to be built over sized to fit a custom larger tank and a larger sump when that time comes. Thanks to all of you that have shown pics, I have ideas that I want to impliment in mine. Not sre what I want to do with the skimmer yet though. Keep what I have until I can upgrade my tank. Or replace it and keep it for after the upgrade when I make my current tank a quarintine tank.

Heres My sump,not much but very efficent.

MINIATUS
This is as it is now

Picture060Medium2.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Ken, I was looking at the picture of your sump again and was wondering if it is all one piece? Your input looks like it is on the right side (looking at the picture) but your water level is extremely high on the left side with the rocks. I'm trying to understand how it works.

Nice set ups gang.
While it’s far from neat and still unfinished here is my sump and closed loop.
I still need to hook up the REF, skimmer, chiller, and CA reactor.

Here is the tank…

Full-Tank-Shot-1.jpg

And behind the tank…

Closed-Loop-2.jpg

Closed-Loop-3.jpg

And this is my simple FRAG tanks…

Frag-Tanks-4.jpg

Keep the pics coming I love to see the guts of peoples systems.
S

Back