Skimmer build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

She's a adorable for sure. ;) Man Scooter, your mean. Matts was really stressed out there i think! LOL!
I still want to see what's inside the box. I am curious how you separate the mixing tubes from the output. I just built a Beckett skimmer also.

here is a (crapy) picture i drew up in paint to show the baffle to sepparate the drain from the reaction chamber...

skimmerbox-1.jpg

Matt

Break in day 1

here is a couple pictures of the skimmer after 1 day of breaking in. it is skimming better and better by the hour.
I will post more on it as it breaks in. I will be installing a schf meter on it and then I will know how much air this bad boy is pulling. (I knot its a lot!)

forsale007-2.jpg

forsale005-2.jpg

forsale008-2.jpg

I want to build one, but smaller. Way smaller. Jesus that thing would take my whole living room. Very good craftsmanship though.

first off, that thing is freaking huge!! kudos on a job well done dude!!:)
i love the white color...

now i must grill you for some skimmer info:D

how much air injection are you getting from each beckett?
did you modify your beckett injectors?
what is the size of the neck in the collection cup?
how many gph of process water is it fed?
what is the gph/watts of the pump your using to run it?

....enquiring minds want to know:rolleyes:

oh, and my only gripe....straighten out that collection cup!!:razz:

first off, that thing is freaking huge!! kudos on a job well done dude!!:)
i love the white color...

now i must grill you for some skimmer info:D

how much air injection are you getting from each beckett?
did you modify your beckett injectors?

I don't have a meter of the injectors yet to know how much air (you know where to get them local?)But I will tell you this I have a high power flash light and I can't point it through one side of the chamber and no light gets to the other side!I have not done anything special to the injectors

what is the size of the neck in the collection cup?

The neck is 4.5" x 14" tall

how many gph of process water is it fed?

I am running a mak 4 to feed it but with my size tank I think a mag 5 or 7 would do the job.

what is the gph/watts of the pump your using to run it?

It is a dolphin ampmaster 3000 so 3000 gph and about 140 watts I believe.

....enquiring minds want to know:rolleyes:

oh, and my only gripe....straighten out that collection cup!!:razz:

Hahaha I was waiting for someone to notice, it is exactly 1/8" out of square I noticed it after it dried. I did not have my jig set up to square off the cuts on the cylinder so it was glued with a saw cut. (I took my time but saws only cut so smooth ya know!)

Thanks for.the kudos.
I have built several more since this and they are just as good quality as the manufacturer's.

Matt

Boy I sure had some bad spelling and typing on that last post, I am using my black berry phone and it shows!!!

Back