Socal reefer considering moving to seattle area.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

funny how everyone bitches about the traffic here, but it really isn't that bad compared to LA. The only hard part is that because of topography, you can't jump onto surface streets to get around a jam.

Ya well the thing about LA traffic is there are usually three freeways to choose from if one is jacked you can re-route and of course as you stated surface routes.

Any time I had to go west to east I could take the 91, 60, 10
North or south you had 110, 405, 5, 101 these are just the major routes. Traffic here is worse then LA a lot of the times and there is nothing you can do you have to just sit there and wait. How ever it is prettier scenery and the air is nicer. All though I do have to say in LA people are polite when they drive due to the pot shots taken at us. Remember an armed freeway is a polite freeway.

also everyone is complaining about traffic. but can u tell me if i were to live north or in bellevue goin south on 405, is traffic bad?

Like everybody has said, it depends on what time you are hitting 405. I live in Arlington which is a 40 mile drive for me to Redmond. Depending on the weather, accidents, day of the week, holidays, and lunar cycle :D it can range from 35 minutes all the way up to 3 hours. I hit 405 south at about 6:15-6:25 and if you're later than that it can take an extra 30 minutes. I leave work and head north 405 at 3pm, take my back routes and takes about an hour fifteen minutes. Thats until people start finding my back routes and I have to take a different one hehe.

Hope we've given you enough suggestions, always need more reefers here :)

LOL!!! i remember the first time the husband and i went to visit his parents (they live in L.A. ) and ohh my god !!! we were stock in traffic for 4 hours over there :eek: ... my son was crying, our butts were hurting, it was just insane, so i think the husband and i are ok with the traffic here :p

guys i was also told that north of Everett is a good place to open my practice. which cities there are considered good place to live, has great growth etc???

ps. if i stay near bothell, lynwood, mill creek etc and drive north, there is no morning traffic on 5 right? thanks

Last edited:
North of Everett, there is Marysville, Arlington, Stanwood, and Mt. Vernon. I'm not sure how many dental practice's are in the area as I havent gone to the dentist in a long time, hehe. Since you will be going opposite of traffic you would be fine. Except in Everett as there is construction and some people are stupid, lol.

Actually, Arlington is a really nice place to live. I have a buddy who is a pilot and he has a really nice place there. He has maybe 3+ acres and it is all done up as a golf course with a good driving area, sand traps etc. Nice people around there too, but the electric bill got way out-of-hand a couple years ago.

i came across a city called Bonney lake near Puyallup. it was one of city with lowest education but very high income.
does anyone know a reason for this?

where do most ppl in puyallup vicinity work?

i came across a city called Bonney lake near Puyallup. it was one of city with lowest education but very high income.
does anyone know a reason for this?

That seems strange to me, how do you have a low education but very high income? Maybe the income is relative to the area. I only know one person from Bonney Lake and he is a complete moron :lol:

You might want to consider checking out the Kitsap side as well. Just a short ferry ride away from Seattle or Edmonds. The Scenery here is awesome and homes very afforble. There are also 2 decent reef shops here on this side as well.

I recently moved here from The SF Bay area also.

wow so many ppl from Socal moved there. how do u guys like it there? i was warned of many many cloudy rainy days and some depressions.

but then they all say how beautiful it is there also. i know that business is much better there for sure.

hey does WA have state income tax? if so how much?
thanks

There is no state income tax in WA :D

I lived in the Bay Area for a few months. Very cool area. Owned a business on the beach in Pacifica. It was awesome except for the 330 days of fog per year, lol.

David: Yeah my grandparents lived in Daly City near the Ocean...talk about FOG! My grandfather loved it because the air was always clean and smog free. His entire neighborhood was built by a guy that owned a redwood forest, so all the wood in the homes was redwood, including 2 x 4s, beams etc. Good thing with all that fog! :lol:

those of you living in Kitsap peninsula...how do you commute to seattle?
id imagine taking the ferry all the time becomes time comsuming and tiring.
also can cars fit into the ferries?

It really depends on WHERE you will work ( Kind of work you do ?? )and how close you want to be and how long you want to drive before and after work !!!!

Generally for better traffic flow going to work north of you and going home south of work
Might be better for you :)

Let us know Where you want/plan to work And we Can take it from there. Better !

A Dentist ? Well they are all over I believe? But I Preffer the north end !

:)

Paul

Last edited:
Back