Some new pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tom, all the pics posted today were taken by Charlie with his Canon 40D and Canon 18-200 lens. I'm not sure if his lens is IS (image stabilizing) or not, though I seem to remember him mentioning something about it being IS. The rest of the pics on this thread were taken with my Canon Rebel Xt and 100mm Macro that does not have IS.

Brandy, I think I missed your question the first time I read the last few posts. The Potters Angel hasn't nipped on anything. I got it from Tony, who had it in with a clam. If it hadn't already been in with a clam, I doubt I'd have risked it. Now for the sad part, I believe it went carpet surfing and either our cat or dog found it. The other day, I saw it at feeding. A couple hours later, we couldn't find it. The next day, I took all the rock out of the tank looking for it and it was nowhere to be seen. I've been really bummed because it was one of my favorites!! I've always loved Potters Angels!!

Brandy, I think I missed your question the first time I read the last few posts. The Potters Angel hasn't nipped on anything. I got it from Tony, who had it in with a clam. If it hadn't already been in with a clam, I doubt I'd have risked it. Now for the sad part, I believe it went carpet surfing and either our cat or dog found it. The other day, I saw it at feeding. A couple hours later, we couldn't find it. The next day, I took all the rock out of the tank looking for it and it was nowhere to be seen. I've been really bummed because it was one of my favorites!! I've always loved Potters Angels!!

That's sad :(. I had a tailspot blenny jump out and dry up once. I was very upset about it. I ended up getting another one though. I think the sleeper banded gobie was the reason he jumped ship. I ended up trading the gobie in, which I also really liked, but he wouldn't stop sifting sand over the rock and corals.

Is the green w/purple rim cap in your pic the one you got from us? My large colony had a recent hacking and now looks like crap. It was getting too big, so I broke off the top half. What's left is white with a green and purple rim because the lower parts have been shaded for so long. I hope it colors up quick. Mike asked me, why don't I just pull out the chain saw, hehe. He gets mad when I start cutting/breaking stuff.

Last edited:
Wow, sorry to hear that, hopefully he is just a really good hider!

Tony, I hope you're right!

Brandy, nope. That cap was one of the two first sps we ever got. Got it from Tracy (littlefishes) a few years ago, when we set up our very first tank, a 29. It used to be twice as big and I accidentally broke it lol.

Wow, so is that the same cap that was light almost yellow with purple tips before? I just remembered you getting a couple cap pieces from us because you wanted to see what the colors did in your aquarium.

Yep, it's almost a flesh color with purple tips. When I set up my very first tank, a 29, Tracy sold us that frag and our Orange Cap. They were under 2X96 PC lighting for almost a year and held their color very nicely. Once we got the 75 up and running, they were moved over. Both colonies grew fast and were HUGE. The Purple Rimmed cap was accidentally broke in half, while doing some re-arranging. The other half ended up getting fragged up and passed around the Spokane and Seattle area..lol.

Your's was a dark green and I wanted to see if it'd hold that color under the T5s. Unfortunately, it was one of the corals I lost in my Alk OD, so never got a chance to make it into the 75. Once your's has recovered from it's chainsaw event, I'll grab another frag, someday...lol.

Back