Some new pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've considered pulling our idaho grape out because it has taken up soo much space. I know I wouldn't get it all off in one piece though. That's one coral I wish we didn't mount on top of our LR. It's pretty, but gets huge.

I've seen that on RF and know that they call it an undata. It sure don't grow like a True Undata. All true Undata i've seen are encrusting. I agree that it grow a little different than other caps it is also thicker plates than capricornus too. Hmmm makes me wonder what it's true latin name is.

I've considered pulling our idaho grape out because it has taken up soo much space. I know I wouldn't get it all off in one piece though. That's one coral I wish we didn't mount on top of our LR. It's pretty, but gets huge.

I've pretty much commited to not put any caps in my 270g no matter how pretty it looks. They just take up way too much realestate!

I hear what you're saying!! Unfortunately, 2 of our M. caps have sentimental value to us. They were our very first SPS, in our first tank, under 2X65 PC lights...lol. They were given to us by Tracy (littlefishes) and I will probably never be able to bring myself to totally get rid of them. They do take up a lot of realestate and have been fragged many many times. But I'll always want to hold on to them...lol. Good thing they'll soon be in the 200 deep dimension!!!

I hear what you're saying!! Unfortunately, 2 of our M. caps have sentimental value to us. They were our very first SPS, in our first tank, under 2X65 PC lights...lol. They were given to us by Tracy (littlefishes) and I will probably never be able to bring myself to totally get rid of them. They do take up a lot of realestate and have been fragged many many times. But I'll always want to hold on to them...lol. Good thing they'll soon be in the 200 deep dimension!!!

Then they will just take up half of your 200g :lol::lol: unless you do weekly pruning.

Finn, you're usually first on my list....lol. It's the best way to get some of the really nice stuff that you have!!! Oh, btw, I moved the PPEs and Nuclear Greens from the 40 to the 75 yesterday. I'll have to get some pics of them posted!!!

Roscoe, let's not mention Africans...lol. My African Blue Hornets all melted away. There's a single polyp left and I don't hold out much hope for it. It's a sad thing!!

Finn, you're usually first on my list....lol. It's the best way to get some of the really nice stuff that you have!!! Oh, btw, I moved the PPEs and Nuclear Greens from the 40 to the 75 yesterday. I'll have to get some pics of them posted!!!

Roscoe, let's not mention Africans...lol. My African Blue Hornets all melted away. There's a single polyp left and I don't hold out much hope for it. It's a sad thing!!

What no way! What happened? Well you have some cool looking zoas to trade Martin. He did get that huge colony. Didn't you Martin?

Got a chance to take some Actinic shots, just before Actinics went out.

Lemonheads under Actinics
3576983823_4a6e25373c_b.jpg

Horizons under Actinics
3576984049_1eea59a082_b.jpg

Sunset Monti under Actinics
3576985073_84eb324985_b.jpg

Finn, these are for you. The PPEs we got from you, under Actinics.
3577789990_a7b1780420_b.jpg

....and the actinics went out....grrr

Tripodrod, Dwarf Angels are somewhat reef safe, some more than others. The Potters Angel is one of the better ones. When Dwarf Angels do cause trouble, it's not SPS they go after, it's LPS, clams and sometimes soft corals and Zoanthids. SPS are generally safe with most Dwarf Angels.

Finn, glad to hear your Africans have stabilized. Yeah, they're tough, I hope the remaining colony thrives for you!!!! Yes, the PPEs are growing slowly. The Nuclear Greens seem to be growing a lil' faster.

When we decided to try a flame angel, it nipped at sps to the point they wouldn't polyp. My large angel in our 300 will nip at lps, zoas and some clams (crocea and gigas), but not sps.

Back