Special Election of President of PSAS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki

Anemone
Steven11 has resigned as President of the PSAS.

We need to elect a new President as soon as possible.

Duties of the President include:
The President is responsible for supervision of the club and its officers and is required to fulfill the following tasks.
Preside at all meetings of the club and the Board meetings.
Appoint any special committees necessary for carrying out the mission of the club.
Organize the necessary Board Meetings during the off-season to plan and schedule the upcoming season of events.
Perform other duties as his/her office may require.
Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Do NOT nominate anyone without their permission.
It is preferable the person nominate themselves or accept if nominated by another.
If there is more than one Nominee, a special election will be held.
The nomination for President will be open until September 27, 2008.

If you have the interest in fulfilling these duties, please post here or contact Vicki via PM.

Thanks,
Vicki

Mark, SkimmerWhisperer, has been nominated and has agreed to run for President of the PSAS.

Vicki

im honored to be considered!!

i think i have alot of direction and motivation that the club will benifit greatly from, if i am elected.
let's face it, im a reefing savant who surfs the boards all day when im not working, just to keep abreast of the newest methodologies and newest equipment reviews. also, i have worked professionally in the industry for over 10 years, so i think i have a good idea what members of the psas would like to experience from this club.
i also think we need to step up the money making part of the club as well, i have several different ideas that might work for psas...this in turn will allow us to provide members with a fuller, richer experience, and hopefully increase our member base as well.

also, having been on the board of directors before, i know exactly what is required from the president to ensure things get done in a timely mannor, and to allow things to progress smoothly.
and even though im looking for another part time job in a local reef store, i am willing to commit to getting the 3rd saturday of every month off for the meetings.
thanks again for the nomination,
Mark

Two pretty excellent choices. Both great people, one A webmaster type and another is a reef equipment junkie. Room for two presidents?:)

We have room on the board for all who want to help regardless of title. Ghazni is already part of the Board and I for one would be very happy to welcome Mark to join us. We are trying hard to make it a great year for the club.

I think we should wait until the 25th then run a 10 day voting poll for the winner. Both are great choices

I nominate myself. I dont have a tank anymore, but would love to help out as things have slown down in my life now and are steady. This is my choice not Salsaking coaching me, just fyi.

Becca,

The new board has six members. It's no longer just 1 or 2. We all take part of the projects and we openly talk about everything. It is our goal to make sure that we improve all aspects of the club this year and its membership. You have a voice also you approve or disapprove of a person running for office. Please post it.

Ghazni is a very open mind guy with a great ability to make others willing to jump in and help. I think the (Pres) needs to be able to spend allot of time and energy into building the club and the hobby, I spend at least 10 hours each week on research and talking with lfs.

I think the new person will have to be able to perform as a manager more than a good reefer.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone.

I edited a few postings to remove a Neg. data.

I appologize if this ruffles some feathers.

I also need to apologize if any of my postings have mislead others to post bad information.

Hello everyone,
I removed all personal data from this thread. Let's move forward and place it in the past.

Something to think about:

There have been very few people over the years who step up to help lead this club...and I have been in the club for quite a while now and I have lead the club). When someone does step up the first thing we should say is "thank you". You don't have to like the person, but they are volunteering to keep this club going. Without leadership this club will die. I don't think anyone wants that. So to those that stepped up when we needed a person to take on a thankless job....THANK YOU!

Thank you reedman, the board is trying hard to make this a fun place to be. This thread was started for nominations and the new president will be chosen through an election by the members of the club. If you want a say in who is the president of the club, join the club and vote for your choice. No one person runs this club, in fact this year we have a rather large board that makes decisions as a group, with the best interest of the members of the club and the hobby as our foremost priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back