Swifty's 265 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks awesome! I am so glad you got it set up!/QUOTE]

Thanks! Me too! :)

Thanks all! Now to finish the skimmer and aquascaping. I'm not too happy with the aquascape so i am going to play around with it a bit now that I have all my live rock in the tank.

Yeah I made sure to do so. Now what do to with the rock with all the dead GSP on it? Also i cant find the chalk Basslett. I looked all around the tank and sump and he's nowhere to be found. I wonder if he is just hiding out in the rocks somewhere or if the Purple Tang is picking on him too bad?

hmmm they have been together for so long i doubt that....maybe with the re-organization. he's laying low.... they do run and hide when i always entered the tank...you get the lights working ok without tripping the surge protector?

Yeah could be. Yeah I just switched out power strips and its been working great! Just get the skimmer all hooked up last night. I'll be starting it up and fine tuning it tonight. I needed to let the glue dry first.

Okay I'll tell you, the skimmer is cracked on the seam and started spraying everywhere! Awesome tank build huh?! I bet no one has ever had this much fun while setting up a tank?! Any other horror stories out there? :)

most of my horror involves flooding and Auto Top Off's getting stuck in the open position. Overflowing Protein skimmer that was full of skimmed slime. My overflows not firing up when i turned the pumps back on and i flooded the room with water coming over the top of the display tank. lots of splashing. But learned a lot and have had no (knock on wood) problems with my smaller 80 gallon rimless oceanic illuminate tank.

Well some good news, I found my chalk Basslett! Wahoo! he somehow made it into the sump...Isn't that where he was when I got him from you Jesse? haha I blocked off the overflow with some mesh so hopefully it wont happen again. We will see though!

I lost like 2 fish into the sump...poor damsels. Then someone at Barrier reefs gave me a piece of 'gutter guard' mesh stuff that has kept all the fish out since :)

Yeah I think that is what this stuff is. It is just thick plastic mesh that I had laying around from my old tank.

Alright some updated pics now that I have some livestock in this thing!

4936224812_428a76aa18_z.jpg

4936231280_a7f3382d99_z.jpg

4935636481_e289bb0f68_z.jpg

and the helper...
4935634321_e03ec9d45c_z.jpg

looks good Matt, even with all the bad luck...but hey, your a survival troop..overcome and adapt right

lol...exactly! Its a never ending battle with this thing I swear! Oh well its up and going and thats more than I can ask for at this point!

NC2WA- Thanks! He's definitely helped keep me somewhat sane thru the whole tank ordeal for sure!

Back