Swifty's 265 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Okay lets see if I remember how to do this....
4883873753_2156db4fe9_z.jpg

4884475224_49a7bddd04_z.jpg

Sweet it worked! ha! Anyway, water is in it. (well, half way up because of the glue) So, I pulled the spa flex out and reglued the heck out of it. We will see how that works out in a day or two. I have to redrill the overflow holes because I didnt ask Jason to do that for me. So I will knock that out tomorrow. Got some new 1 1/2" bulk heads for that from Kevin. It will make things a lot easier having all the same size tubing on the tank.

That will actually be better to redo those holes . If i remember correctly those
holes were pretty big . looking good man

Yeah thats what I was thinking too! Plus I couldnt remember but I thought one of those bulk heads leaked around the seal so I figured better be safe then sorry!

Sweet it worked! ha! Anyway, water is in it. (well, half way up because of the glue) So, I pulled the spa flex out and reglued the heck out of it. We will see how that works out in a day or two. I have to redrill the overflow holes because I didnt ask Jason to do that for me. So I will knock that out tomorrow. Got some new 1 1/2" bulk heads for that from Kevin. It will make things a lot easier having all the same size tubing on the tank.

It was good seeing you at the store. Glad to hear things are progressing and your having some fun setting that bad boy up. I'm hoping you get some more pics up as the glue dries and the water starts pumping and clearing up. If you need some started cheto for your sump let me know i can give you 1/2 mine.

Thanks Jesse! It was good seeing you too! I will get some pics up soon. I just got back from the woods. It looks all crystal clear now. The only problem I am having now is that my tank is at 80 degrees and my lights arent even on!

Thanks Jesse! It was good seeing you too! I will get some pics up soon. I just got back from the woods. It looks all crystal clear now. The only problem I am having now is that my tank is at 80 degrees and my lights arent even on!

Time to build a PC fan array into your canopy and vent it outside :) ohhh get one of those huge industrial exhaust fans, that'd work like a charm!!

if you do ned a 110 volt 120 cfm fan to use as a vent, I think i have 1 laying around. maybe 2. they are the same bathroom fans you use for ventilation. worked great in clearing the heat and humidity out of my old fish room. I'll give it to you.

I think most of the heat is coming from the pumps that I have. The Mag18 is a huge culprit I think...I will try the fans and see if they work but I think I may have to break down and buy a chiller. I hope not....

Good build so far, Jesse told me about your mishaps last time I talked to him. I know he felt bad about it. I am glad I found your build.

True! I have the tank down to 77 right now. I have two fans just blowing on the tank but I dont know if its just from the night time cooling off the tank or the fans actually working. I am hoping that with the fans from you it will keep it nice and cool without a chiller.

TotalVapor- Thanks! It wasnt his fault. It was just my butterfingers and impatience that caused that accident! haha but all is well for now...:) I am going to run a water sample to kevin to see where everything is at and then hopefully next week start putting some fish and corals in.

I'm with jesse..try fans first...I have a 375g tank in my garage and do NOT need a chiller..the highest temp my tank has ever been was 84 and that is when it was 100 degrees two years ago...normal range is 77

I have one fan blowing across the top and an attic fan that turns on when the temp is 72 in the garage; it sucks cold air from the crawl space into my garage and pushes the hot air out (this is my form of a chiller) hahaha..

LOL...Sweet! Thanks! I just got the fan from Jesse and also from kevin's getting my water tested. My cycle is done! Wahoo! Now to start adding my fish and for some pics!

One suggestion (from experience), make sure you know exactly the temp ranges in your tank, and more importantly how high it gets with the hot weather, then and only then, would I start adding fish.

Once I knew the temp of my tank during the 100 degrees two years ago, that was my signal it was OK to start adding fish.

Good suggestion! I have been monitoring that throughout this process. The highest its been was 80 without any fans blowing on it.

Back