thatguys 120g build.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

starting to get clearer
photo.jpg

Sweet I love the aquascape. Let me know when you are ready for those frags. I have a frogspawn with about 4 heads, some bright orange zoo's and a couple of other things. I tried to save as much from the tanks in the garage.

yeah i will lt you know im gonna let it chill for about 2 weeks before i put anything in it...my rocks have been in 32g brute curing for the last 3 months seeded with lr from the lfs. what do you guys think

so i woke up this morning to a bare bottom tank....well just the front that is lol so i went and bought some valves for the return. much to my disappointment home depot in oak harbor does not carry the union style ball valve so i just got some socket ones and glued them in. gonna wait an hour before letting water flow through it

Well I think I now own stock in the PVC department at Home Depot, I have bought them out of most of their PVC. I will notify the manager and have them order you some.

well the brown diatom attack has begun. ammonia was at .50 on the 10th and now its .25ish from the color chart. skimmer is going nuts pulling out super dark brown nastiness.

Bring on the brown slime, It shouldn't be too soon before you are ready to go. Your rocks have been cooking for a while now right. The cycle shouldn't be to crazy. I can't wait to say I have water in the tank.

salinity 1.026
ammonia .25ish
nitrate 50
nitrite .15
ph.8.4

dont have the other test kit yet because they are not needed right this minute

update

salinity 1.026
ammonia 0
nitrate- 0 according to the api test kit.
nitrite-0
ph 8.4

still dont have the other testkit yet

IMG_0117.jpg

Hey thatguy557 and tat2z 221 another local reefer here ac7z's little bro here! build looks great! So glad to see some real LOCAL reefers here!

no worries....lol

update here is my tank with the icecap led actinics
photo4.jpg

got a lot of new stuff from the sale yesterday. i will take pictures when the lights turn on later

I stopped in the store today to pick up a few dry things and see the dust left after the fish sale yesterday. I’m suppressed, there are many nice fish still in the store.

Those LED lights really make some of the colors pop out of the blue.

yeah it was a mad house yesterday most of the good corals got taken by the fist chick in line. we were number 2 i picked up a bubble coral,galaxia, flower pot, clam and a yellow tang. thats all the wife let me buy! going back to the raffle today at 4pm hopefully i win i got 23 tickes in there.

Back