thatguys 120g build.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

okay picked up the reflector yesterday modded my plasma light this morning. this is not the final product i jsut wanted to make sure it worked and everything is functional.

_DSC0430.jpg

_DSC0431.jpg

_DSC0434.jpg

_DSC0435.jpg

_DSC0436.jpg

i must say this reflector is about 10 times better!!!!! the coverage is a lot better. i also added the royal blue coralsky led to offset the color balance. im going to add another one in jan.

Looks fricken awesome. I am glad you got that thing to work the way you wanted it too. Wish I was there to help.

I had to turn down my plasma light apparently with the new reflector it was putting out way to much light

That looks like the sun in your living room. Whou would have thought that a tic tac can produce that much light.

okay so after the reflector upgrade i now know why they put that glass on there. the uv output was tremendous. pretty much sunburnt my corals!!!!! got it all fixed went to the glass shop today an got a 16"x16" piece of glass with 97% uv protectection. there is a slight orange tint fron the glass but my corals are already starting to open back up!!!!

okay so my corals are going through a color change after the blast of UV my whamine watermelon zoas are turning blue/purple center with the green skirts. my acro that was blue green is now turning pink. some other palys are changing and some corals are just browning out. i think the brown out is due to the whole switching the lights to plasma.

2 questions
will they brown outs color back up?
after the corals changed colors will they change back?

i have the same light! i use my for propagating rhododendrons, thought about placing over tank but just haven't done it yet.

replying to the first page,

Back