The 240 is finally starting!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

balogh03, how long did your tank have to sit dry after you got home, before you got water in it?

all the contents came out of a 130 and a 125 that i had, and we had those tore apart by about noon. the stuff was in the new tank at about midnight(maybe later)...way longer than i planned, we ended up going to bed at about 2:00AM.

I've had my new 240 sitting in my garage since last Saturday. It might be another few days and I might do a fresh water test. But it will be another 2-3 weeks before saltwater hits it.

I'm just going to transfer everthing thing from the 180 over to the 240. As long as I take care of the rock, keep it relatively stable, I shouldn't have to worry. I have 60 lbs or so of new rock that is already cycled that I'll add.

are you going to let the tank cycle or just put all of the those into it?

Hey Augustus that looks Great!!!

I need to come see it some day....

Matt

i agree, i have been so busy. i really want to seee your tank aswell. i will try to find a day with in the next couple of weeks so that we can meet.

that's a nice looking tank!!!!i have been wondering how my new 125g would look with the overflows being towards the center..that looks fine!!! i was worried about how to cover them with rocks, but they don't look bad at all...how much liverock do you have in there?????

Back