The 240 is finally starting!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yah, i started with a 55 three years ago and have been working for my dad since then saving up my money for this one.

I noticed that you got a Regal Angel and that you have some zoanthids. I want to get a Regal for my tank, but alot of people have said the zoanthids might be considered a snack for them. I'm interested to see how your angel does.
Keep an eye on the zoanthids and let me know if you start losing any.
Good luck with it.

i dont know, but if it does i will let you know. i may just have to decide witch one is worth more....zoas or angel?

thanks man. i just wish that i could take some hallmark quality shots, because the tabk looks way better in person.

sad news.....i got the regal to eat everything(even flake), and then on friday when i got home from school it was dead. everything else is doing great though....just an update

Sorry to hear that Augustus...:doubt: I wonder if he did like Martin (Finn) said they were known for doing (eating zoos) and got some toxic poisoning???

I wonder if he did like Martin (Finn) said they were known for doing (eating zoos) and got some toxic poisoning???

i dont know, i noticed that a couple of my zoas were closed, but could that happen?

I'm just guessing, but since I wanted to add a Regal Angel to my 240, I started threads on a couple boards and most people said that the Regal would eat zoanthids.
Nobody reported any sudden deaths with the suspect being zoanthids.

I've caught my tangs chowing down on different types of zoanthids without any effect, maybe your angel found the one type it shouldn't have eaten.

When I started shopping for a Regal, I priced them at several different stores.
The store that was the most expensive told me that the reason they were the most expensive ( almost double everyone elses price ) was that most stores will buy the indo-pacific varities because they were cheaper, but they only bought the Red Sea ones, and the the indo-pacific ones were not handled well, still caught by suspicous methods and the Red Sea Regals were handle much better, the distance they traveled also contributed to cost.
I don't have any proof of what they said, just relaying what was told to me.

i dont know, i noticed that a couple of my zoas were closed, but could that happen?

If the angel was eating them, I would think they would be gone, not just closed up.
Also, most fishes will try something first by just nipping at it, to see if it is food source, before really going at them with the intent to eat.

I think my g/fs neice accidentally did that...I dont know how, she is only 5 years old. anyways just ignore the +++++++

hahaha, that is funny...

i still dont know what happened, but the zoas are open again and everything else is well soo....i dont know????

Nice B-log...you got a name??

Now "Slick Donkey" Thats a name..!! I laugh everytime I see him posting....

Doc

Back