The Apprentice 2+ years

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LMBO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ... well dood i know them as hippo tangs and hepatus or blue didn't give me the hint and i was being lazy about going back :p :lol:

The Apprentice said:
Thanks BC I have a custom PFO fixture I bought from Kevinpo when I set the tank Up It has 3 each 250 metal Halide Mogul Base Bulbs on 2 diffrent HQI PFO Ballest I run the center bulb a little longer during the day to give a Little extra to the tank The Fixture also has 2 ea 72" Vho Bulbs Rated at 160 watts each. Iam really happy with the entire PFO system and recomend it to anyone just getting into a Reef Tank I have had manny time when My Tangs After going air born have been stoped by the UV glass sheild.

Tang's: Begging forgivness now.
Powder Blue Tang ( Acanthurus leucosternon ) about 4-5"
Purple Tang (Zebrasoma xanthurum) about 5-6"
Scopas Tang (Zebrasoma scopas) about 4-5"
Lieutenant Tang (Acanthurus tennenti) about 6-7"
Blue Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus) It is my Hog at over 8"

In my 75 gallon Tank I have a
Blue Caribbean Tang (Acanthurus coeruleus) About 6-7"

Kind of have a Tang fettish :oops:

Jeff,

I am interested in your tangs. Do they fight with Tenneti Tang, Purple Tang, Scopas and Blue Tang? My Clown and Sohal are sold, because the Clown Tang would fight with Ocean Tang and Sohal would fight with Tennetti Tang and Lopezi Tang.

Zul

TanG Troubles

Hi Zul I have been very Lucky with my Tang's The Tenneti was added last and no one has given him much grief The Most trouble I had was when I added My Scopus Tang My Purple Tang was so mean to Him I Put up a temporary wall with egg crate to separate them for a Month till they stopped fighting through the egg crate then I pulled it out and they were OK buddies.
Have you removed your Clown Tang & the Sohal??? They are extremely Territorial! And I have read many accounts of these 2 tangs being really Mean to all other tangs and fighting each other really badly.
How many Tangs do you have in your tang Currently?

zulreef said:
Jeff,

I am interested in your tangs. Do they fight with Tenneti Tang, Purple Tang, Scopas and Blue Tang? My Clown and Sohal are sold, because the Clown Tang would fight with Ocean Tang and Sohal would fight with Tennetti Tang and Lopezi Tang.

Zul

The Apprentice said:
Hi Zul I have been very Lucky with my Tang's The Tenneti was added last and no one has given him much grief The Most trouble I had was when I added My Scopus Tang My Purple Tang was so mean to Him I Put up a temporary wall with egg crate to separate them for a Month till they stopped fighting through the egg crate then I pulled it out and they were OK buddies.
Have you removed your Clown Tang & the Sohal??? They are extremely Territorial! And I have read many accounts of these 2 tangs being really Mean to all other tangs and fighting each other really badly.
How many Tangs do you have in your tang Currently?

Here my list.

Tennetti tang 9"
Lopezi tang 8"
Orange shoulder tang 7"
Ocean tang 5"
Blue eyed tang 4"
Sohal tang 4" Sold
Dussemmeri tang 4"
Clown tang 4" Sold
Mimic tang 4"
11 other fish

Last edited:
Down size a little

I hate to say it Zul but I think them Boy's were just alittle to crowded I thinks if you have pulled out the 2 Tangs ( Sohal & the Clown ) Watch the Tank & I think the rest will settle down Are you going to to Les's to the april meeting?

zulreef said:
Here my list.

Tennetti tang 9"
Lopezi tang 8"
Orange shoulder tang 7"
Ocean tang 5"
Blue eyed tang 4"
Sohal tang 4" Sold
Dussemmeri tang 4"
Clown tang 4" Sold
Mimic tang 4"
11 fishes other

Ok time for some more eye candy

Charlie has been posting some new shots so i guess its time to up date mine as well...Jeff

These shots are all from my 150 gallon LPS & Softy tank....

Elmo going east?

Hey I hear you might be heading east some time soon? I hope the rumors are true I hope to make the May meeting @ Ed's In the mean time check out these 2 pairs
Thanks Gabby more pictures to come!

Elmo18 said:
I like what you have going on there Jeff.

Best,
Ilham

Last edited:
Leopards hard to work with.

I am sorry to hear about that Charlie :cry: When Kevin told me a while back about Red eye reef having a school of these in a tank, I thought wow cool. I had extreme trouble when i started I had lots of fights and other (JUMPING) issues. But I have 4 in my 75 gallon SPS & Clam tank and they are so neat to watch the big deal that I firmly belive helped me in the end was I had a very good supply of Pods from adalade this was some thing for them to forage on till i could get them to eat prepaired foods, Next is the mysis, I added a tang to the tank and they watched it eat the nori i would clip to the tank Not to long latter they love the nori now the eat any food that hits the tank. :D I had to add a Six line because it was relocated from a future sea horse tank. Add I was very worried about that :eek: However all they did to each other was flex their fins very wide and the six line would cow down to the Leopards but they wont really harase it either...My next endever is to find a Pair of Firefish, Helfrichi (Nemateleotris helfrichi) and not pay a fortune for :p
These shots are from my 75 tank
Ok Krish lets get that 75 of yours filled!

charlie said:
Nice stuff Jeff, how are your wrasses doing. I really wish I had some of them, I tried, but they didn't make the trip real well.:(

Nice clown pairs!

The black ocellaris look like they've been drinking some orange juice... ;)

I am hunting a pair of black ocellaris at the moment...slightly picky..

Best,
Ilham

Ok Krish lets get that 75 of yours filled!

LOL...The chiller should be delivered today in Florida which means I should have it tomorrow...You guys are pushing me for these corals, but when I start putting them in, you guys are going to hate me:p

LOL...The chiller should be delivered today in Florida which means I should have it tomorrow...You guys are pushing me for these corals, but when I start putting them in, you guys are going to hate me

there's no such a thing as ugly coral :) :D .
So get them boy !!!!

Back