The beast is dead!! long live the Newer Beast??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yea I did Boomer it was the Touch n foam product (black) it worked like a charm!!! I ended up not having to use dowels because of it, just it and zip ties. It doesnt expand as much as other foams and dries a little slower, but once its done its solid. After drying I cut away the excess with a ravor then added a tiny bit more and glues small rocks onto it so it wasnt as noticeable, some places I just left it, worked really well.

Mojo

Nope nothing really at this point, the tank is all cycled and running prime time, going through a extended diatom bloom as I have nothing to eat them (snails or fish) but have some on the road, that and I am stilll waiting on my lights so the tank only has one MH sitting 3 feet above a 8 foot tank, lol so cant really add much at this time.

soon hopefully

Mojo

I got a couple hundred astrias and a 100 nas. coming, I usually dont get much deeper then that.

Mike

lol.....You can tell the people who have known you for a while now....you used to have the deep sand bed in that baby sized 300 gallon tank. The one that drew me into this addiction to begin with. I'm happy to see you add sand back in. You need a flounder or something in that tank. Would be awesome to have. Rockwork looks great man. Can't say I am sorry I missed that session. Last time it was a little painful trying not to cut/scrape/slice hands with all that huge rock. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one pans out. Always something new to learn from your massive experiments Mike - err, I mean new setups.

something like that Charlie. That and the flashbacks to being electrocuted by his cheap a$$ pump. Good times! I'm waiting to hear what big fish spits water at the lights in this tank.

you used to have the deep sand bed in that baby sized 300 gallon tank.

Yea that was the experiment tank, I was trying to test a bunch of concepts with the use of sand and such, I had a DSB of fine sand in their, then we changed and tried plenums, then shallows, the remotes and so on. Now I just want a thin layer for looks, I will do the maintenance.

Mike

wait wait wait....did I just hear Mike say he would do maintenance? What are you planning to do during hockey season? I know you won't keep up once the Canucks start playing. Cheers man! Can't wait to see this tank take shape. Might even make me road trip down there with some beer to chat with you.

Might even make me road trip down there with some beer to chat with you.

Door is always open Reed, even for St.louis fans, lol

what is so different about this foam? isn't the propane propellant the algae problem?

It doesnt degrade Sas like the other SAS. Its made for use under water in ponds with fish, so a little more care into the ingredients. On the propellent, the idea is not to spray it wet into your tank, lol So their should be no propellent

Mike

It doesnt degrade Sas like the other SAS. Its made for use under water in ponds with fish, so a little more care into the ingredients. On the propellent, the idea is not to spray it wet into your tank, lol So their should be no propellent

Mike
balderdash! harumph harumph! i will be watching lol

Wow what a great project, and inspiring to see all the ideas!

Just makes me realize how bad i need to start planning and research my "big tank" i would like to start next.

Anyways congratz! cant wait to see how it all turns out!

Ill be going back to my Nano 65g now, so depressing lol.

Back